Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Kent

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Look out Cordova,here I come   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 4:40 pm

Well it's a done deal,Plane tickets purchased and am on my way home, this Thursday 03/May I can hardly believe it but it's true. Will be home on
Friday Milk run Flight 66. Unless Jeff and I decide to spend a few days in
Anchorage. Hopefully I will have some time to relax as well as deal with all
the insurance paperwork, hopefully I will qualify this time. But I am Comming HOME. I like the ring of that. Then returning to Wisconsin for a
bit so I can visit the cabin, where we four amigos grew up together in the summers durring our school years. I never really realized how much I missed being there until I went there for a day and a half. I need some time there as well as Cordova. Anyway, I'll be home on Friday night.
for a couple of weeks at the least. There to stay at the most. Time
will tell.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Bye for now   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Kent,
Well, Im glad you're able to get some time at home. I know how much you miss the natives!Wink I also wanted you to know that if you think of anything you need for me to do, let me know. I will be closer to Milwaukee then you will be, for example. Anyhow. Know that you remain in our prayers. The paper work you have ahead may feel like a full time job!! Give Jeff a huge hug from us. He will be relieved to have you home. I sent him a card a while back, but I'm not sure if I sent it to your address or his. Keep posting so we can keep tabs on you!!! Love ya much Sal
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Home at last   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:28 pm

So its true Cordova.I heard it with my own ears.HES COMMING HOME! All you people best be taking care of him.That doesnt mean party party party! That means party a little, rest alot, party a little,rest even more!Im gonna miss having you around here Kent.Who can I share my Mountain Dew with now?And who can I have to give so much crap to? Well this just gives me a little break and time to think of more crap to give while you are away:lol: There sure is never a dull moment around this house! So Cordova,welcome him home with open arms and again take care of my man for me.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:52 pm

FANTASTIC Kent! See ya soon! Bruce
Back to top Go down
LUCY

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: YEAH   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [b]So glad to hear you are coming home! I'm sure Snoopy is doing a little dance too! Great, fantastic news! I know how much you've wanted to return! This is me doing a Snoopy dance too

bounce bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce Arrow bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Isabel

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Coming Home   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:00 pm

I just drove Kent to OHare (yikes)affraid and left him there to fly away home. We've been glued together (that mother glue will beat out gorilla glue anyday) for 3 months now so I'm feeling a little lopsided without him. So now I'm going up north to the cabin (my home) to regain my balance. So Cordova, I give him over to your care for awhile with confidence, having witnessed what your care has already done for him. He is soooooo anxious to be there.

I love you Cordova,
The mother (Isabel)

Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Thank you Isabel. I can not speak for Cordova but from my perspective I can say that Kent is truly loved in this community. He is so strong and so good; yet carries himself in a quiet, unassuming and non-judgmental manner. You simply have raised an incredible son.

I'm sure this whole episode has been as dificult for you and your family as it has been for Kent. You all deserve some time off now and a chance to catch your breath. Don't worry about Kent; he is always in good hands amongst his friends here in Cordova. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Update???   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Hey,
Kent, if you have an extra second could you post to keep us "Americans" here in Wisconsin up to date on how things are coming along? Love ya! Sal:?: Question Question
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Happy parting tonight   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 3:14 am

Kent I am sure you are having a blast at skaters cabin tonight. Sorry I cannot be there to celebrate with you, but soon in 1 month you and I will celebrate on a easy ride to that island on Eyak lake or just a short walk down Orca road or down by the harbor.

Have a blast in Cordova and look forward to seeing you soon!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: We all had fun tonight!   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:58 am

Dear everyone in the lower 48....

We had a community potluck at Skater's Cabin in Cordova tonight to welcome Kent home , and it was lovely. The light, misty rain gave up as the party began. The cabin is right on the edge of a reflective lake, surrounded by mountains still sprinkled with snow on the upper reaches. The weather was sweater cool, but perfect for sitting around the fire to talk. The guests each found their special time with the gracious host, and Kent felt like he got a chance to visit with most everyone. The food was scrumptious. Jeff brought yummy venison ribs (almost burned his house down in the process but that's a story you'll have to get from him!). Salmon, fruit salad, salmon dips, cheesy potatoes, cabbage salald, pasta salads, chicken, smores, etc. You get the idea. Kent and Jeff and Bruce and I left the tired fire at about 11:10 pm and I am writing to you just to update you. Bruce saw your post today wondering how Kent is doing, and it reminded us that now YOU need the reports from us. I'm sorry you all had to wait.

Kent will post himself I think soon so I'll let him tell you how he is doing, but from my perspective he is doing a good job of taking care of himself. He has NOT jumped into 100 commitments immediately, but HAS chosen to spend time helping out with the high school drama class production as the "lighting guy". Actually, that's who he is. Cordova's lighting guy!

He is getting good meals, thanks to all the food Isabel left in the freezer for him and all the offers to go out! He slept VERY hard and well the first night home, but not as well the second night. I hope he sleeps soundly tonight, after a refreshing night of campfire smoke and cool air.

He had a day, just after getting here, that he didn't feel well but tonight he was full of energy and laughter. The evening was good for everyone. It is very emotional coming back home after so much has happened and he is alone in his apartment, not surrounded by family as he was in Wisconsin. We are keeping him very close in prayer and close by telephone as he deals with all those emotions. Your prayers will be critical too.

He and I worked on the lights together yesterday for a few hours and he held up very well, bossing me all around. He really knows his light stuff. He is favoring the left side still but I do not see any progression of difficulty. As you know, he is weaning off of the Decadron (anti swelling med), so we are watching closely.

He is well loved here and we will be with him. smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Hey all, just got off the phone with Kent and I just wanted to thank you Cordova for having a wonderful party for him.He enjoyed it very much and said he had a wonderful time.Also if all you people down here in the lower 48 that want to find out for yourself, give him a call. His number is 907-424-5895.Just remember they sleep 3 hours longer than us "normal folk" down here so keep that in mind.Hed love to here from each and everyone of you since he is spending a bit more "alone time" at home these days.
And as far as burning your house down Jeff, ummmm it wouldnt have anything to do with being out with the long liners tell 7am Tuesday morning would it?Razz I thought I taught you better than that.Come to your senses before turning on your stove next time!!!
And Kent, those documents you requested were faxed,but I didnt know you to who they were going to so I just put attention Kent! Twenty bucks by the way! Love ya
Back to top Go down
kent

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Outside   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 12:55 am

Dear Family and friends,
Made it to Cordova Without incident. All is really well. Feels like a breath of fresh air comming home. Still somewhat worried about
my cancer situation, but friends and family surround me up here as well as down there. Hooked into the VA system as well. Medicaid
SHOULd go off without a hitch. We shall see.
Love to all
Kent
Back to top Go down
Lisa Mar

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 4:50 am

Hey there Kent-

I'm glad to hear you've made it home, and were well enough to enjoy the Cordova "welcome home."

I'm still writing that play ;-) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... please keep us posted on what's going on up there.

Lisa Marie
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Hello Kent!!

I like your new look since you've been taking the steroids! Can you fit through the door or do you have to walk sideways? You should have that photo put on the photo's page so everyone can see the new you. Hope all is going well and ok with you in Cordova.

I was working out in a flower bed yesterday and found a tiny nest with a blue and brown speckled egg in it. The nest was made of white horse hair and kind of dug into the ground. I was interested as why the bird made there nest on the ground rather then in the trees where it was safe. So, I will keep an eye on the egg and nest because some animals like rats, mice, and larger ones have easy excess to this nest. I also found the largest bumble bee that looked the size of a quarter and wondered how does this thing get off the ground with such small wings. Then I thought only God knows that answer.

God is truly awesome of how He made everything for us to see and learn from.

Have a great day enjoying God's awesome creation!!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey cuz, I know you havent been back home very long but I cant wait for you to get back here so we can get back up to the cabin.Actually I cant wait to show you how to fish!If you have no room for a pole dont worry about it. I have a few and renting them is cheap. I just keep the fish you catch! And remember my birthday present when you come.You should be flying in on May 22 so I should have my present on time8) And today your officialy off steroids so thats one thing to celebrate even though now you dont have a chance to have muscles quite like mine! Talk to ya soon buddy Tim
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Hello to all   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 5:13 am

Hello to those back home and elsewhere,
I am doing well. The weather is supposed to blow tonight and Jeff
has just departed for his first opener of the season shich starts tomorrow. 12 hours. Raining as well. Stepped right back into
theater lighting, as well as church activities as well. Thought I would
be resting more, but I can't help but feel I need to live as fully as possible, I am eating well though(note for mom). Not sure if I will have time to go subsistance fishing but I may have an opportunity.
Hopefully all is well with all of you.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Sal

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Checkin in   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Kent,
Just wanted you to know you have not been forgotten here stateside!
I talked to Tim last night and he filled me in on the latest. Sounds as if you're returning around his birthday (He's going to be how old??_Shocked )
Maybe we'll get a chance to talk then. There are only 14more class days of school left! It's why I love my job. So if you and Tim and Brenda want to stop by that would be fun. Take care my oldest cousin. I think of you often and pray for you always. Love Sal
Back to top Go down
linda

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: you're approved   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 6:06 am

Tyrone called at 4pm. You're approved. Watch your mail for details. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Great news   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:05 pm

YES YES YES Great news that Kent was ACCEPTED!!FINALLY!Well its 1PM here on Thursday and Kent is AWOL! lol He must still be in the air ....or something!Well he will be glad to learn that he is now on Medicade and his worrys are now focused on catching more fish this weekend than I do.lol! He plans on having his consult tomarrow AM after getting his MRI in Anchorage and than its off to the cabin for some rest and relaxation once again...and hopefully catching more walleyes than his cuz! We will keep you updated Cordova and thank you again for being such a wonderful part of his life18)
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:56 pm

OK, Kent has finally arrived!It was a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG trip but he made it.Back to the big city. Tired but happy.So we will keep you posted as to what he finds out tomarrow and with any events that are worth posting8)
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Thurs. May 24   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Hello to all back home.
I have my consult with the doc. today but will be headed straight for the
cabin after that. Meaning basically that I will be unable to relate the results of my consult through this forum. You may be able to find out through the rumor mll, as so many do. Since all WILL go well, I will bee flying in on the 15th of June for good.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Kent's latest consult 5/24/07   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi to all!
Gret news from Kent as relayed through Tim. The Dr. here in Milwaukee said that the most recent MRI (taken in Alaska) though not a perfect match up due to different MRI machines) seems to show that things are the same or even show a bit of shrinkage of the tumor. Kent is very pleased and will continue the treatment proticol. He is on his way to the cabin at this writing. God is Good!!! Thank you everybody who loves and prays for Kent. Here's hoping they catch fish, relax and have a bit of fun!! Sally cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Site Delays   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi everyone, special thanks to those that have sent pics - HINT, HINT! There has been a slight delay in posting due to a software glitch, but our resident technician should have that under control shortly. This forum portion is unaffected of course. Wink I hope you are taking very good care of our "Citizen of the Year"!
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi Kent, I know you won't see this for a while but just want you to know when you return that we continue to pray for you daily. I'm so glad to hear the continued good prognosis.

And things are good for me too. After another trip to Anchorage and discovery of something they missed the first time around I am experiencing a dramatic turn-a-round. Thank you Father, and thank you Kent for your unselfish prayers.

My boat is ready to go and today I give it a little test run. God willing I'll be out for the next opener.

Take care buddy, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 8:16 pm

Ok all! I see its been quiet in here for a few weeks! I just talked to Kent who has just gotten done with his latest round of chemo.He was quite tired for the week and not feeling up to snuff but that is expected.He kinda has just been laying around relaxing and there is no better place to do that than up at the cabin.Its quiet, peaceful, and he is enjoying his stay. All is well otherwise and he is scheduled to return to Alaska on the 14th of June.cheers I guess I need to get some pictures on here. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi Tim, good to get some word on Kent. Sorry to hear he has been a little punked out. When you talk to him again can you say hi for me? He continues to be in my prayers every day.

I don't have any great ideas on pictures. I imagine they have been taking a few at the cabin but are they too far away to get any of those? Later, Bruce
Back to top Go down
kent

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: farewell to web audience   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:51 pm

To all my friends"who are still wathing this site".
I believe the time has come to close up the site.
It has served it's purpose. I am comming home to stay
for the most part so it's purpose is fullfilled.
I cannot thank Sheridan and Carol Hernley enough for dreaming this
whole thing up and putting it together.
if you would like to be kept in the loop as to how things are going
please send yourf e-mail to me in the body portion of the e-mail
so I can add you to a group contact list more easily. My e-mail is kentthelan@yahoo.com thanks so muchfor allyou support. I'm
still dealing with health issues but now they can be dealt with from home. Once again thanks to all who have openly and from behind the scenes supported me.
W/warmest wishes and love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8