Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Kent, just remember what I told you! Each day on this earth is given to us as a gift and we will never know if tomarrow will ever get here so we must treat every single day here on earth as it were our last. Live life to the fullest and good things will happen. And Jeff, that goes for you too Love you guys a Love, laugh ,and LIVE!
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kent   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Helllo everyone! Kent had a real goodnights sleep!! Thank you for the sleep prayers! Today his Aunt Jo flew home via plane and she will be missed.

Just got back from a walk on the skywalks that are in the city of MN, kent did well, but got easily tired, but it was good to get out and do something. He had some pizza and breadsticks for lunch, then we walked back and now he is taking a nap. Sleep

Continue to lift him in prayers everyone!!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Talking to you today...   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:33 pm

It was so good to talk to you today, Kent - and Sissy too. Kent, we talked about how inspirational all of the messages are for you. Funny thing is that all of the messages are an inspiration to all of us - especially those from you!

It is as though we are all meeting each other through this site - your family outside of AK and your family in AK have been brought together for a purpose. God is working all things together for the good of all of us.

Glad that all four of you - Kent, Jeff, Tony and Tim - could be together. Truth is that you are more like brothers than cousins. I knew from the instant that I heard the first word about this crappy situation that you would gather together. I love you all.

Still praying. Still loving.

Mary
Back to top Go down
njohnson

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: kent   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:19 am

Hey Kent,

This is Nic! How are you doing I really look foward to seeing you. My wrestling meet is coming up soon. ITS OKAY IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT! My mom was vey happy to hear the news about you. Her mother died of cancer 1994 a year after I was born. I will keep on praying for you! Happy Valentines!

Your enemy Nic
No I'm just joking!
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Amen!   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:56 am

I just had to reply to Mary of Mary and Mike. Yes, yes, yes, it is like we are all meeting on here - brought together by the need of someone we love! It is sooooo cool!! And for those who already have given, or in the future will give, their heart to Jesus, well, we've got ETERNITY to keep on getting to know each other!! Note to the "boys": if there are no pink frilly bathrobes and bunny slippers in heaven, there will be something better that even YOU GUYS couldn't think up first! Wink In the meantime, let's just keep on serving God here, looking forward to what is to come! Love to you all! Kent, so tell me, does Dr. Pepper taste better this side of your ordeal? I'd have to say YUK! It ranks right up there with your precious Mt. Dew!! (Have you had one of those yet??) Cindi - safe travels to you tonight, my friend!

Gayle
Back to top Go down
Pam M

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: thinking of you   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:10 am

Hi! Kent,

Pam Moe here ~ just one of the multitudes thinking positive thoughts for you, cheering you on, and hoping for an excellent pathology report! It's wonderful to hear how well you are doing. You are an amazing person!

Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery process. We are looking forward to seeing you back in 's no place like home. You make this home special for so many!!

With hugs for you, (and Jeff and Isabel too)
Pam

Looks like you have a couple acts in the works for next year's variety show!!! : >)
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Photos   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:22 am

Kent,

We keep praying and I'm glad you got a good night's rest. We'll keep those prayers working for you. Do you sleep in pink? I'm working on pictures for the yearbook and we're putting one of you with the key in the parade in the Fire Dept ad. I'll try sending it to this site.

God bless you Kent. You are always in our prayers.

Love, Susan
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:49 am

Kent,
Just another note to let you know we are checking and waiting for the doctor's report. We pray for more good news!
Thanks to the doctor's and staff that took good care of you while you were in the hospital. That is so important!
Your family seems great. Bring them all back with you when you come home! (They can stay house!)
We have enjoyed the pictures and look forward to more.
Take care. When you get this it will probably be Wednesday AM and possible THE day! We will remember to pray first thing for your report!
Blessings from the Fisher's!
(Bill, Michele, & Kellie)
Back to top Go down
deb, rob

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: thinking of you   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Here we are at our weekley prayer time together and of course we are expecting good news today! You are at the top of our list. We have you to thank for helping us to grow closer to God through unceasing the day of your surgery, durring our prayers together we felt the peace that certianly passes understanding. We hope that you are feeling that same peace. Miracles abound and we are expecting more. God is good! Blessings to you, Kent you are God's faithful servant !
Love D,R, and C
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Today...   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 pm

I know you can't see me, but I am with you today, Kent. Mary
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Oh Boy   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm

Just Got aook at the prelim pathology to be reviewed at 3:00pm with
Doctor. The prelim. report does not look good. The cancer seems to
have resurfaced. So I will not be comming home (and I mean home)
for a while. Please keep me in your prayers, and thoughts. This is a
wicked cancer ti keep me in your thoughts. Will know more at I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Prayer   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 6:21 pm

Kent,

We just got the news from Joanie and the Prayer Chain is up and running already. We love you Kent and we are praying for God's mighty power, peace and comfort to sustain you and undergird you for the fight ahead. God bless you.

Love, Richard and Susan and everyone here at the Church in Cordova
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Sending love   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Kent,
I have heard the news and feel so?????
But knowing you ae loved by soooo many,and The Father, will help sustain you ( jeff,Sis and Brian too) as you begin yet another journey. I can't think of the "right" words to say except I love you . I continue to pray for the "peace that surpasses all understanding" Until later I love you Sal
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Don't forget.. :0)   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi Kent; Don't forget these awesome scriptures:
Proverbs 4:20-23 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart, For they are life unto those that find them, and health (medicine) to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life.
Kent, Do a study on healing scriptures in the Bible, meditate on them and strengthen your inner man. Know that you are an overcomer and that the Word of God is true. We love you and believe in total victory for you!

Cindy
Back to top Go down
Michele

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:58 pm

We're on it! (knees I mean)
Fishers
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:21 pm

Kent, I'm with ya bro and continue to pray. I've heard part of the news for today as I see in the messages before me but anxiously await the "rest of the story". Hang in there buddy, God IS with you. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Gerri

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Kent, Hugs!

I went by Sunset on Sunday and their was the Citizen of the year poster outside your door. it brought a smije ust thinking how well deserved.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers everday.

Hugs to your Mom and Jeff also.
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey, Kent. I'd like to say something stronger, but I'll make do with "poopadooty". I know how much we all wanted a different report today. In the midst of digesting this news, I want to hang on to the things that do NOT change - God is good, he loves you as a son, WE all love you, and we will continue to trust God with you. He has a plan that will complete a picture more beautiful than we can imagine, but I'll be darned if I can get far enough away to view it with any perspective at the moment. So - trust is what I'm left with, and thank the Lord for that. I'm thankful you have it, too, Kent. I'll pray without ceasing. Sending love!

Gayle
Back to top Go down
Little T

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Kent,
I cry out to heaven becuase we are men who can only see from where we stand. I love you and I know that God knows.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18
Little Tony
Back to top Go down
Bret

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Report   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Kent, I don't care what this report or the next one says. God says that you are healed! 1 Peter 2:24 tells us that By His stripes ye WERE healed.

Notice the word WERE is past tense, already done! Jesus took our infimities to the cross and all we have to do is accept His healing by faith.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans tells us how to build our faith,

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Get that word into your spirit Kent, receive God's gift of healing, stand on His word. Repeat it over and over.
It is God's will for us to live!

1 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth.

We love you Kent, we believe that you are healed and we are praying for you fervently.

Bret
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: prqying   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 am

Kent, I just got a chance to check in this afternoon. I want you to know that I am continuing to pray and believe that God has so many good things in store for you. Sending all our prayers and strength your Cadi and Josi
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Little T posting   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 am

Thank you Tony for posting what I have been feeling all day but could not put to words. We are all crying out to heaven because we can only understand what we can see. But we are all crying out to our one God, the very same Father - and I find so much comfort in that.

Mary
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: an update   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 1:54 am

Thank you , everyone.

They went to get the pathology report. It indicates a return of cancer, although a less aggressive form than the last. They are unable to indicate exactly what grade it is due to many complicated factors. (Grade 1 is the least the kind he had last time) they will be seeing more doctors to figure out what the next step is. Hopefully they will be able to see his original nuero-oncologist, Dr. Simaga.

The surgeon did a resection (removal ) of the tumor that was there , but there is residual infiltration into the surrounding brain tendril-like it is those that will need to be dealt with. It is called an astrocytoma, for those of you who like to do research. Again, though, we are not entirely certain which grade.

The next step will not begin until his body has had some time to two weeks. And we are uncertain at this time as to whether it will be a chemo or

Kent is ready to fight. And ready to step of the to live.

love, joanie
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: again   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 1:59 am

I just saw that I typed something wrong in the last 1 is the least grade 4 is the most aggressive. Grade 4 is what he had last time, with less than a 3% chance of survival.

He beat those odds last when I said he'll do it again, he said "God
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: trying again   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:02 am

I thought it was my it isn't. Some of my words are dropping off as I hit the post button.

He said, "God willing"
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dearest Kent   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:30 am

Kent,

Wow! What a way to find out by seeing the post here. Kent you amaze me of your fight to live and how much you have grown in the Lord Jesus and I am so encouraged my friend by your life!

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of him. 1 John 5:14-15

Kent Jesus has been holding you in his precious arm the whole time and he will continue to carry you through this until you can stand alone. My prayers continue for you daily and know that I am thinking of you during this time. You have great support for this fight Kent. You have more then most people, you got an entire town many friends, and tons of relatives that love and care for you and are praying for you.

Love you!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Family   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:37 am

Isabel, Jeff, Kent, and Brian,

You have a huge family of relatives, friends, people you don't know and the town of Cordova lifting you all up in prayer daily!
I pray that you all find comfort in this as you all take this long journey ahead.

Love and hugs!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Doug &am

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kent   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 am

Kent our prayers are with you and your family. Olivia and Charlie pray for you all the time as do we. May God Bless you always. Tell everyone hello and btw nice hair love the color it's you!
Doug, Lisa, Olivia, Charlie
Back to top Go down
Marvin t

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kent the Warrior   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 am

Kent, Marvin the Martian here. Sorry I have not corresponded with you for a while, I've been out on a highly confidenail space mission (hint, hint, dealing with the rings of saturn). We have had some great telephone conversations in the past and hope to have more in the furture! You are a great Warrior and will conquer your enemy!! And by the way, if you ever need a job, you could be my first in command on my space ship any time!! Take care, my favorite earthling,
Marvin the Martian

Sue also says you are a great warrior and her favorite earthling (not bad for medic! joke)
Back to top Go down
Jeff T

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Update . . .   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 5:13 pm

Hello everyone - best wishes and love to all . .
By now the word has probably travelled through this extended community, so I thought I'de just post a bit more about what we do know (which is actually more like what we don't know . . imagine that . . ). First I would like to offer an small apology for all of you who are following this web site. All of us who are here had gotten quite hopeful at the surgeon's words immediately post-op 'no evidence of malignancy' - and this excitement spilled over into some premature and misplaced celebration. Upon receiving the pathology results, I'm sure you all felt about what we did - like you'de been hit in the stomach with a baseball bat. this whole thing is hard enough without the roller coaster effect, so - apologies for that. - 'nuf said.
The pathology report indicates recuurent astrocytoma. The pathologists impression is that this is a 'less aggressive' manifestation than the original diagnosis in 1996. Astrocytomas are usually divided into 4 grades, grades 1 & 2 are generally labelled 'benign', although this is somewhat misleading, as the nature of an astrocytoma is to infiltrate the surrounding healthy tissue, making it very difficult to get all of the ceels removed during a surgical resection. Grades 3 and 4 are labelled malignant, and are progressively more aggressive in nature. In kent's case, his prior surgery, radiation, & chemo has blurred the distinctive charecteristics, making it impossible to assign a grade to what they are seeing. It has some properties suggestive of low grade, and some that suggest a higher grade. All they would say with any certainty is that it appeared to be 'less aggressive'.
That being said, mainstream medicine treats with 3 modalities: surgery, radiation, chemo. He has just completed the first and most important of the 3 - the single most important factor in prognosis is degree of surgical resection of the mass. We are told that all of the tumor was removed. Step one has been as successful as we could've hoped. What comes next is - ??? - more consults, some hard decisions, more treatments - hard stuff.
Through all of this Kent is doing amazingly well, his positive outlook and moment to moment living, laughing, and loving are a source of strength and resolve for all of us here with him, and everyone else who knows his generous soul as well.
We continue to draw strength and comfort from all of your support, love, and thoughtfulness during this time - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you. !!!!!!!
Peace and love - Jeff
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Jeff - no apologizing is allowed   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:12 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the continual updates. The reason we are all together is because this is a wild ride and there will be ups and downs. We all love you guys so much - and are all out here so you don't have to do the low times alone - and celebration of even the small stuff right now is so vital to life - and it's greatness. We are all with you, all the time.

Mary I love you
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Number of posts : 5

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about all of you...   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Well...I wish i could give you all a HUGE hug of support right now. I think that with Kent's determination, and all the support he has from all of you, he will somehow make it through all the hard steps to come. (it's that hard-headed determination us Wisconsinites have!) Anyway, as you can see, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope Kent was able to get some sleep, and continue to enjoy "real" food. Keep your smile on Kent...you will get through this! Since your time in Cordova, I have watched you grow into a person I wish I could be like...Yes. I really mean that. I know everyone is taking great care of you there, and I thank all of you for that. Can't wait to get you back home!! Keyona, Jed & Brad all wanted me to tell you hello too.

Please give each other a hug from us...Love ~ Melanie, Keyona, Brad & Jed
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kiddos   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 10:40 pm

Kent,

Just a note to let you know the kiddos prayed for you at Kindermusik yesterday and at the Valentine's Day party last night. They never forget to remember to give you as a prayer request, especially Charlie, Luke, Olivia, Travis and Tristan. They are amazing just like you. We love you and keep you continually in our prayers and thoughts.

Love, Susan
Back to top Go down
Chad

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Contact   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Kent,

Citizen of the year! Congratulations! I understand you may be in WI for a few days and am trying to track down a contact number. Please give your IL cousin a call.

Chad
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Contact Phone   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:05 pm

FYI Best place for contacying me, via message or in person
is (608)849-1756.

Life is moving foreward with some trepidation, but what can one do but move foreward no matter what the result. Keep the prayers, thoughts, and your goodwill comming. They are always needed as
well as appreciated.
W/Warmth and Love Kent

PS. Not bad for a one armed typist, hey? lol!
just kidding
Will keep you posted
Back to top Go down
Bruce Campbell

Registration date : 2007-02-15

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:03 am

Hey Kent, this is the second time I've tried to post this message. The first time I typed it out and then tried to add a couple pics and it was like the whole web page blew up. Computer challenged you know. Guess I won't do that again.

I'll have to admit a little dissappointment in the latest reports but it hasn't changed my belief that God is with you 100%. It's just that we can't quite figure out exactly what the plan is.

The weather here has been pretty good for Cordova; cloudy to partly cloudy for most of the week with the sun phasing in and out. A couple nice sunsets. Temps running in the 20's and 30's.

Last weekend Ken Hodges and I went ptarmigan hunting out the road. The road was plowed up to about 22 mile so we put on our packs and strapped snowshoes on just in case....... although the snow had a good crust. We walked as far as 25 mile before turning back. Lots of exercise for this old-timer. We didn't see any birds but that was OK; it was a great day! We split up part way through the hunt then rendezvoused at the pond at the entrance to the Saddlebag Gl. road. I stopped to take a rest and to wait for Ken. Sat down in the snow and just enjoyed the sun. And then I heard the howl of a coyote a couple hunderd yards out but hidden in the trees. He/she serenaded me for about 5 minutes. It was way cool! On the way back we took a few pics, which was what I wanted to share with you....... before my computer skills took over common sense.

Oh well, maybe somebody will tell me how its supposed to work and I can send them later.

Well Kent, I just wanted to say hi and let you know we all continue praying for you. Take care bro, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Gayle &a

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: small group night   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:48 am

Hi Kent! Just wanted you to know that we are having small group tonight at my house. It is REALLY small! Paula and I are praying for you. It is just us, but as we know, where two or more are gathered, he is there also, so we know God is making our group three, and we know he is listening. Hugs! Gaye and Paula
Back to top Go down
LindaB

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Impressive   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 am

It is so good to hear from you, Kent. This forum has got to be one of the best uses of the internet ever. Gabrielle, age 9, was so impressed that you were given the actual KEY TO THE CITY OF CORDOVA. She had never seen or heard of such an honor bestowed on anyone. cheers I don't know what she thought you could do with that magnificent key. You are in my prayers. We all miss seeing you around in this great bike riding weather. Get some Sleep
Love, Linda Brown and family

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
Back to top Go down
Isabel,

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kent   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:26 pm

I Haven't felt a need to post any messages to Kent on this site. Being the mother, I have some of those Mothering habits - he hasn't been out of my sight since we left Cordova. I think he may be feeling a bit too mothered. But I did want to share this from last night. He was on the phone with Joannie and when she asked him how he was doing, he responded " I'm doing perfectly fine". Never mind that he had his head cut open just a week ago, his brain probed, he's left handed and can't use his left hand, he's just been told that he has a malignant tumor. That's my son! You don't have to be cured to be healed. Take some credit Cordova. Your awesome support and love is working.

And then there's Jeff. He's been the spokesman for this small group - running interference with the doctors, making calls, reading, faxing, asking all the right questions, tracking down the important people, driving, navigating through the traffic of cities and freeways ( slightly more wild than driving in Cordova), and, and, and. We couldn't do this without him. Am I a proud mother? Just a little!

We are parked at cousin Tim's for a few days. If laughter is the best medicine, he's getting overdosed here. The perfect perscription for this waiting time.
And one more thing. Joannie, You're the best!!!!!!!!

My love affair with Cordova just keeps growing stronger.
Thanks seems feeble but I've never meant it more.
Back to top Go down
Jim &

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Horan   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Hello Kent from the Horan's in Vicksburg. We have been reading the letters on the website and know you must feel blessed to have such wonderful and sincere friends. Our family, friends and our church prayer group continue to pray for your complete recovery. Cyndi keeps us updatd on your progress. Jim and the children look forward to seeing you on their trip to Cordova in August. (as you know, I do not fly!)

Love,

Jim and Sherry
Back to top Go down
Jim &

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:46 pm

Ooops! Just realized that I spelled your name wrong, Cindi. Sorry.

Jim and Sherry
Back to top Go down
Lynda

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Hello Kent!
Bill and I heard the news from Cindi late last night. I wish we could all be there for you. We would probably just be in the way with all of your friends and family around. We will continue to pray for you and your recovery.

Love from Savannah, Georgia!

Lynda and Bill
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: good morning!   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Hello Kent, Jeff and Isabel and Kent's dad (even though I don't know your name!)

We are thinking of you daily! Our small family prays for you at our dinner table nightly. I pray before going to bed and upon waking too. We ride this roller coaster of emotion from afar, so there is no need to apologize for misinformation. There is a lot of information to sift and hard decisions to make what matters is there are people near and far who care deeply about you. We hope this gives you strength.

It's a beautiful morning in Cordova. I am reminded that every day is a gift as are the people in our lives. Sounds like you are enjoying your family there as well.

The Adams family sends you all our love and healing thoughts.

Debra, Ken and Matthew
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: little new news   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Dear Home and friends from all over,
There is just no way to describe what this site has done and continues to do for me. All the love, warmth, and strength does not
come from me, but rather from you and your prayers and support.
Life is not certain, we just give our best, live fully, for as long as we have. (for me, that means serving God first, If that is your belief system). Alright enough of that, back to where from here. Hopefully
on to my neuro-oncologist I saw ten years ago. That's the plan at this time. As far as the specific treatment, that's what we will be meeting him about.
Just on a past note, for those who might have pictures, theater, Ems,
Fire Dept, whatever you feel would be appropriate, please feel free to
submit them to this site. I don't take many photo's. Also please submit pictures without me in them. As you know it takes more than
one person to put a show, FD, Ems, High School prouction etc.
Therefore I wuld like to get pictures of the whole dept, Theater, etc,
some with, some without me. Let's get the real picture of what it really takes.
Once again, thanks for all your love, support, and prayers,
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: a four-legged post   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi Kent!

Apollo here! I know. I know. You didn't realized that dogs could one learns to adapt to one's environment and since SHE has not let me play outside for TEN PLUS WEEKS, I have learned all sorts of varied human things inside this house. Perhaps in your recovery you can learn some varied and new exciting canine things, like chewing on rawhide bones with only your teeth. Use this time (while no one is asking you to put up lights) wisely bud.

I have a few tips for you as you recover. First of all, get used to everyone watching you. It will lessen with time. Do you have to go outside on a LEASH when you do your business? I hope not. Secondly, I hear that you have to have a steroid drug to reduce the swelling in your central nervous LIKE ME!! when I broke my neck in November. If it makes you thirsty like it did me, be sure to get to the nearest bush fast. I had an accident one day when I was not vigilant!!! And lastly, when you are discouraged because you cannot do what you normally do, find a prized stuffed animal and DESTROY it. You are welcome to come to our house if you need one. I will show you the

Say, I wanted to thank you for taking good care of HER while she was gone. She blubbered all over me when she got back yesterday and can't keep her hands off of me. It's great. But, I heard her talking to Bob on the phone and she admitted to forgetting to even ASK about me during a couple of days while she was gone because she was so worried about YOU. WHAT!!!@@??? You must be WAY up !

So, before SHE catches me upstairs at the computer, I'll sign off (she thinks that new gate can stop me? HAH!). I am gleefully taking walks with HER now each day, after ten weeks of being on my cannot wait to share those walks with you as you also regain strength. I'm sure she'll feel the same way.

I saw HER on her suspect that was for you.

with much tail-wagging and encouragement , Apollo
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: dropped canine words   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:32 pm

again.

Dropped words from my typing. SHE said this happened to her last time SHE typed too. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!!! I type PERFECTLY!!!

I will show you the ROPES!!!" On how to best destroy stuffed animals. Of particular interest, if you choose one of Erika's bears, you will get the best reaction.

And what I saw was "HER on her KNEES" you.

Apollo, hopefully last time this morning. I have a rubber toy to fetch.
Back to top Go down
Jerry &a

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: HEY THERE   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi Kent,
We just found out about this site this am and what a web site it is. How wonderful that we can all keep tabs on you and you on us!!
You have been in our thoughts & prayers and will continue to be until you beat this thing. And if anyone can, you can with one of the most postivie attitudes I have ever known.
Hell-o to the family who are going thru this with you you are surrounded with their love and the love of your second family CORDOVA.
Take care we're thinking of you.
Jerry & Vicki
Back to top Go down
Andrea W

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the Whitcomb Clan   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 am

Wouldn't want you to think we forgot you. You are constantly in our prayers, just asking that GOD's will be done in you and thru you. Thanks for being such a willing vessel for God's work. You are an inspiration to all.
Love Andrea, Jeremy, Shayanne, Ethan and Micah
Back to top Go down
Alvin an

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Wishing you well!!!!!! We Miss You!!!   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi Kent , I was hoping to see you soon so I wasn`t going to type you a letter that takes me 5 times longer than most I saw Bob and Joanie at AC last night and felt like we should!!!! Not that You`re not worth 5 times more than other people but I didn`t want you to know that you`re ALREADY hard to deal with!! HA!!!! I think Joanie them might not be too happy with me at the moment `cause after I talked to them, I saw them checking out videos while I was about to check-out my groceries when the cashier asked me if I had wanted some of the movie posters rolled up there, free for the looked them over and said a little TOO loud " Eh, Joanie and Bob, you guys like some of these posters?" They looked at me and asked what kind were they I , being the shameless person that I am, said EVEN louder"THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!!!!" The cashier and the few in line with me knowing how they are [HOLY] shrugged, laughing while I got a non-response back,OOOPS!!! They probably just got back into town and failed to see the humor in it!!! Well, BE COOL,Alvin and Bradski!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gbrockway

Registration date : 2007-02-17

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Whew! Getting to this page was NOT intuitive--at least not for us old farts.
Hello Kent--great idea having this forum--, thanks to its developers.
Karin and I, and Christine, have you in our thoughts and prayers. I talked with your mom the other day, as I'm sure she mentioned, so we'll be following your progress with much interest and anticipation. Good luck on the recovery part. Certainly, if being loved and supported has anything to do with it, you'll be in great shape.
Hello to Jeff.

George

Next page: https://kentforum.forumotion.com/Kent-c1/Post-Messages-to-Kent-Here-f1/Kent-talk-t2-150.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next