Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Nick Johnson   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Hdey,
Congratulaions on your wresting, I just wish I could have been there
to see it. Now that you ARE 14 you should be able to get into the explorers as well. Unless you need to be a freshman so chek it out.
It is indeed a step foreward into becoming a man, because what you
do there can be an effect in someone else's life or because you might
just hold some one elses safety in your hands on a fire dept scene.
Granted there will most likely be an adult with you on scene, but for
the most part you will be working wih other explorers, learning and
responding, like any other firefighter. My goal is to be back in Cordova on April 11th. I can't wait to see you again.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Marvin the Martian   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Dear Marv,
Thanks so much for responding, Usually martians just obseve from
afar. Unless you listen to the AM radio starting at midnight. Then you
hear radio broadcasts of all kinds of abductions from strange beings.
"up All Night" I believe is the broadcast. I would also like to meet
Elvis, if it can be arranged, I'm guessing he doesn't have people
crowding all around him now so one or two visits might be nice once in awhile.

Thanks for the ride offer, but I need to know if you'll be available.
the plan is to fly in on the afternoon jet(an airplane, not one of your fancy spaceships) We only travel I think between 5-600MPH. So
hopefully you can be in and out like lighting. Also if you have a gadjet
that makes a person's luggage first on the pick up area, please bring it.
Otherwise we might be there for hours.

So flight 66 arriving approx. 4:10 on 11 April 2007. With much appreciation and warmth.

kent

Say hello to Sue and Softuck as well.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Help!   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Lucy,
This is Brown. I hope your not mad at me
because now I am afraid to come come. I've also heard sickness runs
wild in Cordova right now. I havve a flight into Cordova next month.
I'm not so afraid of sickness, but you scare me to death. I may have to change my flight arrangment unless, perhaps, maybe, possibly,
if i wouldn't bother you to much to say maybe one nice WORD about
me, just one word and then you can be yourself again. After all, I am
in a fragile state of mind.
W/Hugs and "get Snoopy in here" Doggy kisses
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Bruce   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:59 pm

Dear Bruce,
Thank you for picking me up when I am down. Making me feel happy
when I am sad. There is a song which goes "Hold On My Child, Joy
Comes in the Morning" I don't know if you've heardd or it but your
occassional posts keep me hanging on. Sometimes I'm up, and
sometimes I'm down, but either way your posts as wellas others
keep me going. Understand that all of you who post or not have held
me together so far it's just that Bruce and many others for that matter have helped me look beyond my struggles back to Cordova,
kept me abreast of what is going on in Cordova, how beautiful it is
and has made me anxious to be home. So I thank everyone who looks at this site and I thank Bruce for keeping the fires of home painted every so often for me on the written pallette of the page for me to see, to keep me aware of home, and getting home soon.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Hey Kent, been sick for a few days so have slowed down a bit. It's not terrible but not much fun either. There's regular epidemic going on in Cordova. As of the end of last week about 25% of the kids have been out of school with flu or colds. Guess I got the cold; sore throat, cough, insanity. The usual. You know the old saying; "starve a fever, feed a I've been do'in pretty good with that prescription; probably gaining about a pound a day.

Hey, let me be the first to give you the low-down on the divisional play-offs. Both the boys and girls did great getting to the championship round but were ultmately defeated there by Monroe (girls) and Eilson (boys) but true to form (they're scrappers) both teams came back last night to defeat Valdez to place second and qualify for State. Yea Wolverines!!

Well that's about it for now Kent. We're all still praying for you and love ya. Take care buddy. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey Kent when I started my last message your most recent post wasn't up yet but by the time I finished there it was. Thanks man, I appreciate the good words. You just keep the faith and know that God is working out his purpose for you through this illness. Later, Bruce
Back to top Go down
LUCY

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: CHARLIE BROWN   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:42 am

[b]WHO DO YOU THINK I AM, MOTHER THERESA OR SOMETHING!!!!
I AM LUCY! ONE NICE THINK ABOUT YOU? I'LL HAVE TO THINK ON THAT ONE. YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT BASEBALL AND I DON'T IMAGINE YOU'RE VERY GOOD AT Basketball . ONE NICE THING ABOUT YOU? YOU LOOK GOOD IN BROWN, CHARLIE. THAT'S AS GOOD AS IT GETS TODAY. WE ARE UP TO OUR YOU KNOW WHAT'S IN SNOW. IT'S ALREADY SUNDAY EVENING SO THAT MEANS I'M HEADING BACK TO WORK TOMORROW. SORRY CHARLIE THAT'S ALL YOU GET! lol!
seriously you sound like you are back to your old self. You let me know when you're ready to head back to Cordova and I will COMMAND Suspect all germs Suspect to leave the area. We want you back up here Charlie, Love, Lucy
Back to top Go down
Holly

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Kent wrote:
I guess they took out more of my brain than I thought. The phone #
is (339)225-0749.

Kent: Just left a message for you on your cell phone...at least I hope I dialed the correct number. I learned from Nita only recently of your new challenge with the ole "c" word. Then I learned of this terrific web site where all of your friends can learn of your progress. What a great idea! So you've already moved through a bunch of stuff...the surgery, first round of chemo, and every moment since Exclamation
Call me back if you get a chance. My home phone is 317 823 7041 and my cell is 317 753 3482.
Love to you, Jeff and Isabel ...and Loveable,
Holly
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:12 am

Kent,

I finally got hooked up after waiting a week for the telephone company to figure out what the problem was. I am still moving into my new apartment and learning how to use the oven. it's one of those new digital ones and last night I made some Vegan chocolate chip cookies with my new dairy and egg free dessert cookbook and somehow turned the oven off during the second batch and they are a little bit hard to bite in too. The positive note is that all of the guys at work loved the cookies.

A lady at work wants some of the recipes now especially the brownie recipe so I plan to bring that to work. My blow-up bed is so comfortable and my back is still recupting from the coleman camping cot I slept on for 6 months. It's 50 degrees here today and the weather plans to stay like this all week.

I am glad at least it's raining instead of the sunshine.

Well, my only chance to get back to Alaska is to take another Loran Station. I really want to go to Attu Island. I have to let the detailer know by June07. It's only for 1 yr but I get first choice and maybe I can get that billet in Valdez in 09. It's a 4 yr billet, but I can extend for 2 extra years.

Well, my jeep drivers side window inside broke and I had to drive around with a serta pillow plastic cover on my window keeping out the rain. Boy, did I get some looks from people down here. I was just trying keep the rain out. My window was stuck down which I kind of laughed about it and was glad I was in rain that was up and down rather then sideways. So, the auto store tore up my door and finally got a call that the new parts are in, so soon I can ride again with my window down.

That's about it with my life so far. oh, yeah for got to tell you that I have poor cell phone reception in my new apartment, so if it seems I do not answer it's my location. And guess what kind of shower curtain I found with matching toilet seat and matching bathroom floor mats? I'll give you a hint, I have an alarm clock with this cute yellow sponges theme song that wakes me every morning. Kent you love this yellow sponge. hahahahaha!

Take care my friend!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Snow
Snow
Snow
Snow
Is it ever going to end?
Have a wedding date for Timmy. October 21st in Maui. Wanna come too?
This is the latest.
It's snowing. A lot.
See ya.
Michele
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Timmy   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:39 pm

I can't believe it.
Timmy etting married. I'd love to come but I'll have to check out the
situation back home when I get there. There is another Tim who
sometimes posts so your Tim gets stuck with Timmy. Sorry Tim,oops
I mean Timmy. Congratulatons as well
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 am

Hello Kent

Snow, work, meetings, lots of basketball....more snow. got the flu like everyone else and more snow ... Life is full here!

So we are in the throes of the play and looking forward to your return and possible help. Can I send a script out to you and you can look it over? The hope is to perform the first week in May.

I am up late and need to get to bed. Glad to hear you're managing this chemo well (or at least as well as one can do such things pale . Joanie's note said you've recovered nearly all of your left side. Hooray! Thinking of you as always. Keeping you in my prayers as always.

Debra, Ken, Matthew and the dog Skip
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The grapevine   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi Kent!

I wanted to let you know that am following the blog and am thinking of you.

I am still here in the Madison area (New Glarus actually) and will call the number you posted so that I can hopefully see you while you are still here. The drive to Waunakee is definitely cheaper than the flight to Cordova.

All my love,

Colleen (Hospel) Remer
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The play's the thing   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Dear Deborah,
While I can not guarentee I will be doing the lighiting and sets etc, I can
pretty much guarantee I will design the lighing. My Understanding is that
you have some class members who are only interested in the technical
area, I am hoping to delegate and train others in lighing and possibly other tech stuff(which I know you love) ha,ha. As for the script you are
more than welcome to send it. Please do so soon however, as I will be
returning to Cordova on April 11. Provided all goes well. But I am
Booked to arrive on Flt 66 on April 11 at this time.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Colleen   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Colleen,
Havn't seen you for ages. I am due to start a second round of Chemo.
starting on the 28 march-2nd April not a good time to come. However,
I can't wait to hear from you. FYI Cordova's not that far away only 5000 miles as the crow flies. So should you choose to visit up there
instead of down here, I'll understand. Really I think the last time I saw you was at Mia's wedding. It will be great to see you , if it works out.
W/Warmth & love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: this white stuff is GREAT   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Dear Kent!

Apollo here. I am in between destroying my new toy and planning my next escape.

You cannot believe all the white stuff we have! It is incredible and light and perfect to lose my toys in. Whenever we have all this white stuff, SHE goes around with a big smile on her face. She gets a kick out of watching me play in it. Humans are strange. Very strange. SHE throws my toy and then I dig FOREVER trying to find it. All you can see sticking out of the white stuff is my wagging butt. People always say we dogs wag our tails, but I want it known that I wag my entire butt because I am so happy.

I have lots to be happy about. I overheard HER yesterday saying that you are coming home! Now that is something to wag about.

From all Cordovan dogs, we love you and cannot wait to drool on you again.

deep joyful WOOFS, Apollo
Back to top Go down
joanie

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Kent is in the hospital tonight   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 5:24 am

Hello everyone,

Joanie here, with an update on Kent. Tonight is March 14th.

Kent called me a few hours ago and he was having some difficulty breathing and was on the way to the ER. He had been walking up a flight of stairs and, very suddenly, was totally out of breath and out of energy. He could not make it up or down the stairs, was sweating, and had pain in his lung area.

He was in the car as he called me. At the ER , they did a scan of his chest and his head. Kent had a small seizure which lasted about 20 seconds, where he could not breathe well at all and could not move. After that he got the dry heaves and still is not feeling very well.

The doctor confirmed what we suspected. The chest scan shows there are clots in both lungs, probably clots from the brain surgery. The brain scan shows that there is still significant healing going on up there, and lots of "junk and blood" still there. Maybe some of that migrated.

He is on heprin to thin the blood, and some other stuff too. His enzymes were upset and resulted in a very high pulse, so they are treating that too. It's been a tough day. And he is feeling it. He would like our prayers, but no calls right now while his stomach is so upset. He'll be in the hospital tonight for sure and probably tomorrow. He's waiting for a room now and called me back from the ER.

I'll let you know if there is any significant change, otherwise assume he is recovering. He's really thankful he can call us and know that people will uplift him.

thankful too, joanie
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Prayers   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Kent, Just wanted to check in and let you know that prayers are coming your way. Marleen
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi Kent, just getting ready for work and saw Joannies note from last night. I'm sorry to hear about this setback and hope by now you're feeling better. I know that this probably has you concerned and frustrated but hang in there buddy, we're all praying for you. Hopefully this is just a minor set back; a bump in the road to recovery. Chris Dunlap works with me at the office and I don't know if you have heard her say this but one of her favorite sayings when she's trying to get something accomplished but maybe it isn't going so smoothly; she describes her progress as "steady by jerks". I think it's going to be the same for you; steady by jerks. Love ya man, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Annette

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 pm

I just have to say thanks, Kent. I was adding you to my prayers and wondering about how you were doing, so came to this site to hear the latest. I have just read the last few pages and feel so blessed and inspired by the Spirit of compassion and strength that flows through your messages and those who love you. Even when you are feeling down, the Spirit just glows out of your words straight from your heart. You bring out the best in us, and just are the best yourself. Thanks for reminding me that our good Lord is present even in times of pain and trouble and that nothing can separate us from Him. We have all increased our prayers even more fervently after this last problem yesterday. We won't stop keeping you in our conversations with our Lord who sends comfort and strength. Thanks for inspiring us to be closer to Him through you.

And now for something a bit more light, HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!! to hear of your plans to come back to us. Hey, we have this Celtic group that has been playing music together and is going to be playing on St. Patricks Day and around town on other occasions. Maybe if you could separate yourself from the mobs of well-wishers and groupies that will now be following the Citizen of the Year around, maybe you could find a minute to come and sing some harmonies with us for the fun of it some evening. We'd love that!

Lots of hugs and continued prayers.
Annette
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Kent Talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 1:10 am

Hey, Kent called me today and we had a good talk on the phone. His mom Isabel is right by his side in his hospital room looking out for him. Kent says in the ER he pre-diagnosis himself to the ER doc's ahead of time just in case they didn't know what was wrong with him. I guess Kent being an EMT and all of his medical knowledge he is now able to help the doc's out. He is hopeful to get out of hospital tomorrow. He will be taking some blood thinners now to prevent anymore blood clots.

I just told Kent that he just wanted extra attention and needed cute ladies waiting on him hand and foot. Well, he seems in good spirits.

Keep lifting up prayers to Kent Cordova and everyone else. Kent will need continue prayers.

He shared other things with me but, he gave me his short term memory loss, so I do not remember.

Have a nice day!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Linee

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: recouperative hugs   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 3:00 am

My heart goes out to you Kent. So sorry to read of your set-back, but I am thankful you are getting care. Sending recouperative hugs from long distance,
Linee
Back to top Go down
Jim

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Which hospital?   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Joanie,
Can you please tell me which hospital Kent is currently at?
Thank you,
Jim McCool
Back to top Go down
bcleven

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:16 pm

I just found out few days about your circumstances and want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mother, and your brother, Jeff. I have been checking to see how you are doing via chat and notes on the site. I popped on today and I was very disappointed to hear that you ended up back in the hospital. I hope you are doing better today. I will check back to see how you are doing. Rest up Kent and take care of yourself. Bonnie from GB
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi Kent, have continued to follow your progress and am hopeful that by today you are out of the hospital. My thoughts go to you many times each day, and I along with many others continue our prayers. However all this plays out, I know it is all part of Gods plan and that you are in GOOD hands.

Our weather pattern has finally returned to a "more normal" freeze/thaw pattern with snow showers during the warmer periods. This morning it is 8 degrees at the house and mostly clear but warmer temps and snow showers are forecast later today and tomorrow.

I'm batching it this weekend as Sally and the girls (Rebecca is "home" for spring break) are down in Seattle for a nieces wedding so I am busy doiing the usual; putzing around the house fixing things, working on the truck in my free time and thawing an otter fur for tomorrow to finish its processing, stretching and drying. It was the single animal I got in this springs fiasco trapping trip to Sheep Bay. But I'm already planning for next year. I think I'll fly down to Softuk Bar and set up a camp down there for about 3 weeks. Could be pretty cool; lots of variety in critters, out of the mainstream of busy trapping conditions locally and I could do a little clamming while I'm down there.

Well, take care buddy. Hope you're feeling better. Bruce
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: St. Patrick's Day   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Dear Kent, a happy St. Patrick's Day to you, where ever you may be. Here's hoping you are at home by now to finish your recovery, but we haven't heard yet.

May the luck of the Irish be with you and yours today and always. We'll dedicate a song to you tonight at the Kinda Celtic performance.
So here is a green beer salute coming your way, "May you be dancing a jig and singing a song with us soon"!

Carol H.
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
sheridan

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 9:22 am

Question Question If you have a suggestion or a question about the forum or the home page you may post it in this section of the forum https://kentforum.forumotion.com/Kent-c1/Post-Messages-to-Kent-Here-f1/Questions-About-Forums-or-Home-Page-t3.htm Question Question
Back to top Go down
Jim

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy, Kent   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:58 am

Hi there Kent! I hope that by now you're out of the hospital. I would have stopped by, but I didn't know which hospital you were at. Either way, I hope you're recovering well. We'll get together yet before you head back to Alaska.
Take care,
Jim
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Prayers   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Kent,

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. We had the final yearbook deadline last week and my time was complicated. It is in the mail and should be arriving in Ohio today. However, you were continually in my prayers and in the prayers of all the little kids at GNK and at SS and Children's Church. Luke and Olivia bring your name up immediately when it is prayer time. Luke likes to pray for you with Poppa too. He, Zoe and Piper are in California while John and the gang are in Mexico on the Mission trip.

We pray that things are going better and that your diagnosis and the doctor's are resulting in the treatment that will let you be up and about soon.

We love you and pray for God's healing every day.

Love, Susan
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: out of the hospital, again   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 pm

Hello to all,
Just got out of the hospital yesterday. I decided to get a good nights
rest before checking the site. Thanks for all your support and continued prayers. I wish I could be home with all my heart, but this most recent
turn of events has made me have to cancel my current return date.
I am glad to be out of the hospital though. I am not holding together
very well. Cancer was enough. Although this is a result of surgery, it
feels like another beast altogether. Right now I'm tired, dejected, and
depressed. When is enough, enough? Right after my surgery. I
suppose I coulc be worse off right now. Thowing a blod clot from one's leg into the lungs is a very dangerous condition initially, possibly lethal.
So I have much to be happy about. Unfortuneately, I am all out of
positivity, so I look to help me over the next few weeks. Keep me in your prayers, thoughts, etc. if you would. I would greatly appreciate it.
w/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 2:04 am

Kent,
You are OUT of the hospital! I am thankful for that! Nobody can really sleep in a hospital.
You are in our prayers daily!
I am sorry you will not be home as soon as you thought but you need to be where you can get the best care for your illness. Unfortunately, that is not here. We have every other essential thing but that. Please hang in there and be well!
If you get bored, work on your lines!
If you get a chance to hear that Tony Bennetts "Duets" album, I swear you sound just like James Taylor on that album!
Take care!
Michele
Back to top Go down
Jim

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 4:27 am

Kent,
I'm very happy to hear that you are out of the hospital. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I know you must be exhausted both physically and emotionally. Please feel free to call me anytime. My home number is 246-4066, and I can be reached during the week at work from 10PM to 6AM at 268-5000. I have Friday and Saturday nights off, so you can reach me at home those nights. When you feel up to getting together, just let me know.
Take care,
Jim
Back to top Go down
bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Kent. I'm so glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Yeah!! But I am sorry to hear you are going through a "down" period. It must be so frustrating to think you are through the worst of it and then have even more complications; even more problems. But I know you're a fighter. You have already proven that and I know that you will realize this is just a temporary setback and pretty soon you will climb right back up on that horse and resume the fight. God IS with you but he needs you to do your part too. Get back up there buddy.

Remember a few years ago when we all read The Purpose Driven Life? Remember the three T's? Life is a Test, a Trust and Temporary? Well, God has given you some pretty major tests; more than most of us. You have been through the mill and I'm sure it frustrates you and maybe even makes you angry. That's Ok. I think God expects us to get angry some times; just like a child gets angry with a parent. But ultimately the best thing is to accept the tests of the parent and make them proud. I know, easier said then done.

Hang in there buddy; I'm praying for you. Bruce
Back to top Go down
mary

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: thinking about you   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi Kent,

Just wanted to know that I am thinking of you A LOT, sending positive vibes your way. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers over the next week - and I'll be in touch when I get back in a week.

Please don't feel like YOU have to hold US up...that is our thing to do for you...and we are all trying to be able to "do" something for you.

I love ya a ton,

Mary
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Up amd swinging   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:58 pm

Save tomorrows worries for tomorrow,
Today has enough of it's own.
Acceptance is tough, but in the end what else can a person do. We
fight the good fight so to speak but the fact is there is only so much we
can really do. I have ound in the past and now that once I give it my all
and have no more to give, the rest is out of my hands. I have a faith in
God and Jesus, it is mine and I cling to it. Many other people who look
in on this website may have other beliefs and that is just fine. I choose
to put my life in the hands of my creator, after I have done my part, to
the best of my ability, and let Him finish what has been started. if life be
my lot then thanks be to Jesus. If I die, I go to a better place. I really
don't know what my future holds but, Save tomorrows worries for tomorrow, Today has enough of it's own.
W/Warmth
Kent

PS. Yeah, yeah, I know. There I go. Gettiing philisophical again.Smile
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Atta boy Kent! You're right on the money. Keep that go'in bro.

Hey, we're getting pretty darn close to the AAA State basketball championships which will be starting tomorrow. I don't know if you were aware or not but Donald Kurz set up a great web page(www.sportstalklive.net) here recently which includes a link to listen to a live streaming broadcast of all Wolverine basketball. Dick Shellhorn will be calling the play by play on both the Clam and sportstalklive. It was great for me during part of the divisional play offs when I was home sick. I just turned the computer on and listened at home. If you're interested, you just go to the website and click on the "on air" button. Probably ought to try accessing the site before an actual game just to make sure all your software is updated and working properly. The tourney starts tomorrow morning at 8am with the Barrow and Heritage Christian boys kicking it off. We don't play till tommorow night with our boys scheduled to play Grace Christian at 5:10 PM and the girls playing Anchorage Christian at 8:30 PM. I'm really looking forward to it. Both our teams have done so well this year.

OK man, gotta run. We're all praying for you. Love ya, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: howdy   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey buddy, just called ya to see what was happening today. Not alot around here!Weather isnt 85 and sunny like it was last week in Florida but at least the snow is gone!Bren and I are heading to the cabin tomarrow noon. Just cant wait around anymore! I know youd like to be there but you have your priorities.And actually I wish you were going with us too but tis the season where we go often and Im sure you will be joining us on one of these trips!Give me a call tonight otherwise in the AM. Love ya bunches Tim
PS What the advantage of having alzheimers on Easter?
You can hide your own basket!!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 12:52 am

Hi Kent and family,

Hope this finds you and yours doing well. The rain/snow/sleet is coming down here in Cordova. They say that into every life some rain must fall, it sure hit us when the local plague came to call. Sheridan got the resperatory variety and Shiloh got the GI version just to keep things interesting. Shiloh spent yesterday in the hospital getting reinfused with fluids, it is so nice to have her back!

Perhaps there is divine intervention in keeping you out of town for a while. I can't remember when folks here have been so sick. Not a great place to be if one's immune system is compromised.

Wishing you continued progress in your healing! Carol H.
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Linee

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: weather shift   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 7:27 am

Out of snowpants and into raingear! Wet and windy today. Seems like we may be on the verge of a weather shift. Perhaps spring will occur in the the next few months? I know you miss home, but I'm sure you'll be satisfied to return when the weather is a bit more appealling outside. Also, I've been noticing a lot more earthquakes lately. is an informative site if you are interested in seismic data.
I'll write via snail mail again soon, Linee

p.s. almost forgot your ratio of hugs! Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, I hope you find some comfort in forum-hugs.
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 am

Well, I have been keeping you in my prayers kent daily lifting you up to Jesus. I am most certain without a doubt that Jesus has you this moment in His arms holding you close to His chest loving you.
Jesus is there with you during your pain, weakness, depression, joyful times, and pretty much with you through everything you face each day just like He is there with me and everyone else.

Well, this small group I attend at this church I found asked me to bring my guitar one Sunday evening, so I did and they learned some Hymns. They knew amazing grace, but not the others I played. They did have a hymn at their house and we sang, "Are you washed in the Blood" and they never heard this hymn which shocked me, so this Sunday night I was asked to bring my guitar because they want to sing hymns again which makes me happy.

My team at the base that's doing, "the biggest losser" competition well, we one the fitness challenge again and boy were my legs hurting after this one. Imagine doing deep lunges across and entire basketball court and back twice, then bunny hop across court with 6lb medicine ball and back then, run to middle of court do 5 push-ups then to end of court doing 5 more push-ups, then running back to pick up a basketball and dribbling to end of court making a basket, then run all the way back and make another basket. So, we had only two people instead of four people so we had to do all of this stuff twice abd we still came in first place.

I have been doing the circuit training twice a week now and the deep squats with the weights can be trying on my legs. I am studying my last month (April) for the Advancement test that will be the first week of May. So, my life is kind of busy right now.

Look forward to seeing you when I visit 08Jun-15Jun07, and maybe if you are up to it we can go to the Island on lake Eyak and have a picnic and maybe skip rocks across the water.

Take care my friend!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Touching Base   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 pm

hello to all who are still following my situation,
I have heard Steve is finally out of intensive care and on to rehab.
What a Fighter. Still he needs prayers, good vibes, etc. until and even when he gets back home. He is a good man, who has taken
many knocks and gotten right back up and going again. It may take
a little longer so keep him in your thoughts.
As for myself, so far all is well. I am really looking foreward to comming home. Tenatively May if all goes well. weather is cool, but
litlle to no snow. Have a base of operations, not exactly home, but
the owners are gone and mom knows them well so it is now our home
away from home, so to speak. I am very thankful for such a place.
I have to take it easy of course, which is driving me bonkers. But life
changes are required for at least 6 months to a year, then, who knows. That's it for now. Hope life is finding you all well.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi Kent, glad to hear your recovery continues. (Thank you Father)

It has been quite the few days following the boys and girls as the continued their competition in the State tournament. Don't know if you followed it but here it is in a nutshell: Both the boys and the girls had the misfortune to draw the top seeded teams in the tournament for their first games. Unfortunantely they both lost and each was forced into the losers bracket with at best hope for a 4th place finish. Both teams came back to win the following day showing tremendous courage even when things looked bleakest. In their final games yesterday the boys won to take 4th place and the giirls lost placing 5th. My hat is off to both teams who have done so well and shown such grit and determination throughout the season.

Hey, here is something way cool that came to me through e-mail which I am sure you can appeciate:

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word
Guidance,

I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.

I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.

The movement doesn't flow with the music,

and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,

both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back

or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.

The dance takes surrender, willingness,

and attentiveness from one person

and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word
Guidance.

When I saw "G: I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i".

"God, "u" and "i" dance."

God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust

that I would get
guidance about my life.

Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings

and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God as God

abides in you.

Dance together with God, trusting God to lead

and to guide you through each season of your life.

My prayers are with you Kent. Take care buddy. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:51 am

Hello Kent

Seems like I always writing these notes in the wee hours!

I am glad to hear you are out of the hospital and doing what you can to keep your spirits up. My family and I are with you in spirit every night. (Matthew and I held hands to pray before dinner and you were with us .......... come home soon so that I can send decent food over to your apartment!)

I am sending the script off to you tomorrow -- Tim Fishers address. It's a fun read and hopefully you will be energized by the theater buzz and want to come home sooner (hint, hint). Joking aside, just enjoy the script. I would be interested in your response to it.

I leave with 14 kids for NY and DC tomorrow. Been packing and have a sui case that King Kong couldn't lift. (a girl needs lots of shoes you know) Should be an interesting trip/group -- a very diverse bunch! It will be nice to be in a place where it is actually spring. (Still snowing and icy and winter!) I've have some great snow shoe hikes, glorious views; but it is time for tulips and daffodils. I'll say a prayer for you as we fly over Wisconson.

Hang in there pal. You are loved by many!

Always,
Debra
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Where are you?   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:05 am

Hey Kent!

Your dog buddy here. I have free run of the house today and will destroy whatever I can find in order to punish THEM for leaving me alone. So I though I would type you a little note with my paws, quite a trick as you can imagine.

SHE called me and told me all about how you are out of the hospital now and feeling better but that you must take those shots twice daily for six months in order to avoid another blood clot. Hmmmmm. I growl when I get shots.

SHE also said that you are amazing and tenacious. I didn't know exactly what that last word was but it sounds good.

Keep your tail wagging. Eat well. Sleep lots. And when you get home , I have a great bone that has been lost in the snow for weeks now, waiting for you.

WAITING LOYALLY, Apollo
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: checkin in on you...   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Kent,
The girls and I were in Anchorage for "spring" break. Made it through the blizzard to get back on the ferry in Whittier and now things are caught up around the house. Beautiful early morning here. It's beginning to get light and it looks like it's going to be one of those days that reminds us all why we love this place.
Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and have been able to rest up some. I know you must be disappointed Sad that you won't be back up here as soon as you thought, but look on the bright side maybe all the snow and 7 months of accumulated dogpoop may be gone when you get home! What a Face Oooops. Looks like Lucy slipped out for a momment. Wink I'm back now. Praying that you see and feel blessings everywhere you look today.
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: unsure of what's next   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 5:52 pm

Hello to all,
I WAS supposed to start my second round of Chemo tommorrow,
but things didn't quite work out as expected. We are unsure of what is going on here for sure, but the swelling and weakness have returned. It is unsure wheher it is post-op "stuff" going on inside.
Possiblt it is the cancer cells feeding the protien pool in my brain where there should only be spinal synovial fluid to fill the cavity left
behind. Also there is a possibility of performing sterio-tactic radio
surgery(radiation 1-3 doses over a very small area). As we dart players say "nice grouping". Anyhow things not going quite as
expected, a hiccup in the road so to speak. Have another meeting
with the Neuro-oncologist Thursday 3/39/07 to see what the tumor
board came up with for ideas.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Barb She

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Hey   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 7:32 am

You are in my prayers. Remember the One who is carrying you in His arms right now. Also remember you are never alone. There is always someone with you or praying for you. And remember you have scores of people to call and cry on their shoulders if you need to and do so when needed. We are all here for you where ever we might be. God be with you my friend.
Back to top Go down
JimMcCoo

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:50 am

Kent,
I'm sorry to learn of your recent setback. As always, I am keeping you in my thoughts. Just remember, you have many good friends who are here for you.
-Jim McCool
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 pm

Dagnabit! Well Kent I'm praying that it is just "post op stuff going on." Hang in there buddy and lets just see what tomorrow brings. Love ya, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Holly

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Hello Kent:

I like that..."tumor board" Laughing ...so what did they come up with?

I am putting a card in the mail to you today (Tim Fisher's address) with some photos from our visit this past weekend. We had such a great time seeing you and Isabel treated us like royalty!

Also thought I'd let you know that Mia had her baby at 4:51 AM this morning. Little girl, 7lbs 12 oz. cheers I am told all are well.

XXOO
Holly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next