Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Penelope

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: YIPPEE!!! The new adventures of Kent   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:24 pm

YEAH KENT!!!!
What a wonderful way to start the day to have phone messages from Seawan and Torie giving me the good news! Tears of Joy spilled and even more love going out to all of you!!
Seize the day and know that you are so loved! I'm thinking that there should be a new tap act (adventure) in next year's Variety Show. You, Cindy, Jeff, Isabel & Joannie tapping "Thanks to Heaven".
Hope to see you home and well soon!
Love - Penelope
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Teens   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 pm

Kent,

I forgot to tell you that Kellie Fisher organized a prayer time around the flag pole at CHS this morning before school and all the kids and John prayed for you there.

We love you. God bless you.

Susan
Back to top Go down
Michele

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Sheesh! 2 pages already! 2 pages of Love for our Kent! Cewl!
I am so thankful at the good report from MN. Prayer works! I had people in WA praying too! You've gone national young man!
Thank you to Mom, Jeff, Cindi and Joanie! We are standing by here but you all are in the hot seats! I am so thankful for you!
My (our) prayers continue for your speedy recovery and return home!
Love, Michele
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tonight   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 12:59 am

Hey Kent,
Tonight is business meeting so I will let everyone know (in case there is anyone who doesn't) about the good news so far. Very Happy I talked to Melissa (Grant) & she said to say "hi" as well...and best of luck. Hope you all can get a little more rest now...and you better hurry up and start healing fast so you (and the gang) can get back here to all of us!! Take care of you!

PS...Joanie, do you need me to do the schedule for you? Let me know. Hope you are doing well, and give everyone a hug for me! Wink MO~
Back to top Go down
Jason

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hope your recovery is goes well   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 1:16 am

Kent, we are glad to hear that the surgery has gone well, you have been in our prayers. God speed on a speedy recovery.

Jason Barnes and family.
Back to top Go down
Erika

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Con Amor   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 3:19 am

Kent,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers since the moment I was informed of your most recent challenge, and I want you to know that you amaze me. Not only do you remain positive in the face of situations many would find crippling, but you find it in your heart to consider the health and wellbeing of those around you. You support the people who love you even as you allow yourself to be supported by them: a reciprocity I truly admire. I have learned so much from you-- from the way you view and interact with the world-- and I consider myself blessed to have you as a mentor and as a friend.

Con Amor y Esperanza,

Erika Almira Behrends
Back to top Go down
Bobby & Lucy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 7:08 am

Kent, WE heard the great news. We are so exited for you and we will continue to pray for you.

We love you
Come home soon
Bobby & Lucy
Back to top Go down
Lynda an

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Way to go!!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 11:51 am

Hey Kent! Bill and I have been praying for you here in Savannah. We are so happy that you are doing great. You have really put a smile on Cindi's (my sister) face. I am so glad that you found each other. We will continue to pray for all of you! Looking forward to seeing you in August. Love from Savannah, Georgia!
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Awesome Hairdos   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Hey all,
I was just looking at the photo gallery. Kent, you have nothing to worry about. Actually the one who looks out of place in the pics of your family is your mom........ She's the only one with any hair!!! afro I talked with Jo last night as your mom was sleeping. Hope you had a relatively restful night. We continue to pray for your recovery. Kel is home this weekend and she said you were the topic of her bible study Wed night. Yes, i guess they actually have Bible study at the uw: the bastion of all things left wing. At least that 's what she tells me. Actually she's really involved in her group and I think it helps keep her grounded. Tim should be arriving soon. If he behaves, he's the family s representitive, othrewise.................... LOve you! Sal
Back to top Go down
Jeff T

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: update . . .   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 5:03 pm

I love you Hello all of you beautiful peolple - just a quick post to let y'all know what happening. Kent is just going for a post-op MRI, to establish a baseline for any future changes. The doctor and his personal assistant are both reluctant to speculate any more until the pathalogy results come back from the lab. Apparently they don't work weekends, so it'll be monday before we get any solid information about to work with on where we go from here. scratch
He had one seizure last night, which was fairly focused - he was able to breathe and talk thru the whole thing - this is to be expected for at least a few days after the surgery due to irritation. The post surgical report will be written up today at some point - although it'll probably be pretty technical in nature . . . .confused Other than that his only complaint is a headache (go figure, eh?) and the hospital quisine . . . .
Again I am deeply touched by all of your loving words and support - Thank you all - so much I love you !
Love -Jeff
Back to top Go down
GLENNA

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: GET WELL   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 6:24 pm

cheers sunny Kent I am so glad that I got to talk to you at the fire department meeting that Thursday before the iceworm activiities. You have so many people who love you here in Cordova. Those of us in dispatch miss you tremendously! We can't wait till you come home to us. Give our love to your family and to those who travelled with you such as Joanie who gives so much of herself to everyone just as you do. So get well soon and try to behave yourself! We love you.
Glenna
Back to top Go down
Jason Ba

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kent is cool!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm

hello, Kent our prayers continue and it is so awesome to hear the good reports. God definately is with you. Through this, all the joy, peace, and courage that seems to surround you is such a witness to me and I am positive to many others. I'm a big weeney when it comes to hospitals and doctors, so to this guy your bravery is very admirable. Also thank the Lord for all of your family, friends and the family of God who is praying for you. The prayers of righteous men and women availeth much. The Lord is blessing you Kent, thanks for your witness.

Jason B.
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: update from home   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 9:54 pm

Okay, Kent, y'all have been keeping us up with you, I suppose it's about time we kept you up on what you're missing here in Cordova. First of all, the night before your surgery we got a light dusting of snow, so now the ginormous piles all over town only look half as dirty as they did before. Skies are overcast today (Hawkins is hiding) and it is a far sight warmer here in coastal Alaska than you are enjoying there in Minneapolis. If you decide to go AWOL from the hospital, I strongly suggest finding something that covers your backside to prevent frsotbitten cheeks- or did you already graduate to real jammies? Delta basketball teams are in town for games this weekend. I'm sure you'll be the biggest topic of conversation on the bleachers! Let's see, did I forget anything? Oh yes, I got your mail and your blank checks arrived. I've been working on your signature (but not real hard, considering the state of your handwriting before you left here - I'm just using my left foot, and it looks just about right). Now, how much did say was in your account?? Just kidding! Keep up that good humor and give hugs to all your "roomies" there! We continue to pray!! Smile

Gayle
Back to top Go down
Scott C

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Hello dearest Kent,
LisaMarie just sent me this news and after reading all the buzz, Thank Heavens it looks like such good news cheers !! Our thoughts and best wishes are with you.Kent you are a special and wonderful man with much to offer, so hurry up and get well. I know you are missed more than you realize.
Isabel, so nice to hear from you, this is such a great idea whoever thought of it, don't forgett to take care of yourself, so you can carry on.
Jeff, well .... keep up those notes & updates, good use of the "Emotions", quite entertaining.
alien This one especially remindes me of you.
To all those who put this site together GREAT job and thanks. Be sure I'll be back to email & read up on our dear friend Kent.
Love as always, Scott C.
Back to top Go down
njohnson

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: hello   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 3:08 am

Hey Kent,

This Is nic, How are you diong. I heard that your surgery went well. The dove was made by my dad. He sometimes does stian glass. I really look foward to seeing you.

Your friend
Nic
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Report about Kent   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 5:58 pm

Today kent is no longer wearing his beany hat and he looks forward to taking a shower. He is in high spirits today and excited about his private room with wood floors. His picture of Cordova sits on his window ceil with the arrow that point to his apartment. Smile

Kent had no seizure last night which is good and his mom Isabel stayed with him through the night. Kent is very excited about being able to get out of bed today and taking his first steps. Kent is trying to sleep now Sleep .

Please pray for Kent to have sleep because he is in great need of that especially throughout the night. Sleep

Finally got the 4 cousins together yesterday in a room and took the funniest photo that hopefully can be posted soon for all to see.

Keep praying for Kent.

Cindi Smile
Back to top Go down
Belle

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Prayer and Dancing!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi Kent!
Lots of us have been praying for you all week. That's so awesome to hear good news! I've been busy helping getting ready for the Cordova 4H Square dance on Saturday the 17th. We've got a great caller coming in from Anchorage... We'll save a dance for you!
Love and blessings to you and your family!
Belle
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kent   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Kent just got up and walked into the bathroom!! He was dizzy at first and was helped by a nurse. He also had his first solid meal for lunch today!

sunny Cindi
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Address?   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi all!
It's always great to sign on and find things going well. I was wondering if there is an address that we can send Kent snail-mail greetings? Let me know. Thanks a ton. Love and prayers. Sal
Back to top Go down
MSchwenk

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Get Well Kent   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:59 pm

Hey Kent,
Get well soon! We (Tom, Marilyn, Chad, Kristin, the girls, Marni and Robb) are thinking of you.
Since I am not comptuter literate, you may get this or another message twice. Oh well.
Glad you are doing well and just know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
We love you.
Tom and Marilyn
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: hi yall   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:00 pm

At the hospital and kent seems to be getting back to being kent.Its great being here with him and getting the four Imigos together again. Lots and lots of joking and laughter.Brought up a great wig for kent this AM and just now went over to the world market to get him a real cool hat.Hes gonna need it when he gets out of here since I dont think its much above 0 degrees out.Thank you all for you prayers and support .It is much appreciated in this time of need! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blessings   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:36 pm

[b]Hi Kent,
I believe you know by now how blessed you are...., and how loved. We have all prayed for you in our wonderful community. The results of prayer are being seen by us all. We know that there is NOTHING our God can not do when we pray.
We continue to pray for your very speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Love,
Audrey
Back to top Go down
LUCY

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: HEY   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:43 pm

LUCY here again...IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT YOU BUTT OUT OF BED, CHARLIE BROWN!!!!! SPEAKING OF YOUR BACKSIDE, I HOPE YOU AREN'T RUNNING AROUND IN ONE OF THOSE FUNNY LITTLE HOSPITAL GOWNS. SOMEONE WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU HAVING A HAT AND COVERING YOUR HEAD. I WOULD THINK YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT OTHER PARTS MORE... affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes affraid Rolling Eyes
Seriously, Sending prayers for very restfull sleep ( I know...who can sleep in a hospital?) Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Robb Sch

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: HI Kent   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 11:12 pm

Hey Kent,
Writing to say hi and that you are in my prayers. Have a speedy recovery. You have a great support network!!!
Robb
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Adams family   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:42 am

Hi Kent!

Being technologically challenged, this is my 3rd attempt at sending you a note. (See why I need YOU for tech support for my shows!!!)

I have been thinking of you, praying and rejoicing in your successful surgery. I hope you continue to heal.

There are so many people here that are pulling for you, it is truly amazing.

Love from our house -- Debra, Ken and Matthew
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: an update before I leave   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 4:18 am

Hi everyone!

Joanie here. I will be leaving Minneapolis on Sunday, tomorrow, to return to Alaska... and wanted to give you an update as of tonight.

We spent the day with Kent . He vascilated between sleeping comfortably and visiting with a host of family members and friends that were here. His VERY close cousins came to visit...see the coming picture of the infampous four trouble-makers.

Kent had good strength on both sides of his body and continues at great speed to recover his left side function. His grip is strong and equal when I squeeze his hands. His left leg is still a little weaker than his right but he has no trouble walking now...except for the obvious weakness induced by the surgery trauma itself. He walked between his brother and cousin for ~200 feet this afternoon and experienced no dizziness. It was really quite incredible to watch , just 48 hours after surgery. He is brave and persistent in his attitude. And he is facing this entire crisis with a quiet strength. His strength has helped those around him.

He is anxious to hear the pathology report, which we hope will come on Monday. We know what the doc said after surgery but we still have many questions and that report will, in all probability, answer some of those questions. Cognitively, he is back to his normal perky, lighthearted self. Today there was a noticable energy to his conversations and many smiles. I cannmot tell you how encouraging this blog is to ALL involved. We check it numerous times each day and run to tell Kent what has been said. He'' see it himself again soon.

The hospital room is the nicest I've ever seen. He has hard wood floors a, a TV, music, DVD, an extra bed if he wants company, lots of room for all of us to be in there...and a great BIG window. The nursing staff seems quite attentive...but doesn't quite always know how to handle this group....*smile*

Today was also a day WITHOUT any seizure activity...and no signs of nuerological aggitation. He was not visibly afraid of a possible seizure...it was calmer...and restful. We had a ton of fun at his expense actually...again, see pictures.

Kent slept better last night but is restless from apnea during the night...please address that in your prayers so he can rest well. He has had no temperatures spikes, no tingling in the limbs, and no other problems. He was dizzy the first time he got up today , but that is normal.

Again, thank you all for your help....because it has been a tremendous help. love, joanie
Back to top Go down
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kent's address   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 4:23 am

Me again....

I forgot to give eveyone Kent's address. He will not be in the hospital long enough to get cards here...so here is his cousin's address. He will get it to Kent. But he requested that you each send at least a $20 cover fee....ha ha

Kent Thelen
c/o Tim Fischer
512 Prospect
Waunakee. WI

smiles , joanie
Back to top Go down
Heather

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Kent-

I check this website daily to see how you are progressing. It seems as if you are moving right along with healing.

I was wondering how long you will stay in the hopsital..If someone could reply to me, and what your favorite color is.

Heather S.
Back to top Go down
Andrea W

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: We miss you!!!!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Kent we are so glad to hear that you are already getting back to your normal fun loving self. Take as much time as you need to get well, but not to long we need you here. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. The kids say Hi too.
Love Andrea, Jeremy, Shayanne, Ethan and Micah
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What a Sunday!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:11 pm

Well, everyone I just saw Kent and he said, "I need to get out of bed" tongue , so his mom Isabel is warming his shower and he is going to get clean and dressed, then walk down here to this computer in the Lobby and answer all of your questions. cheers So, if you have anymore questions I am sure he will answer them for you!

by the way his favorite color is Blue.

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Fishers

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 6:02 pm

Congratulations Kent on getting this far into the journey. We miss you a ton up here in "warm" Alaska. We are so happy to hear people telling us you're getting better, and reading it on here makes us smile with all the uplifting messages that people send to you, that you most defineatly deserve. We will keep praying for your safe recovery, and a safe ride home when it comes that time.

Love and Prayers,

Michele, Bill, and Kellie

P.S. We like the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hello again World   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi there folks,
Finally got out of bed long enough to post some sort of reply and
make sure you know I've finally gotten to look at all your posts. The
love,the prayers, and all the support I've recieved is unfathomable. I
cannot express the gratitude for all the prayers that have gone out and continue to go out for me. Nor can I express the gratitude i feel
for your outpouring of love and compassion, etc. I am going to sign off for now as it is dizzying for me to stay on the computer for too
long. When the Pathology report comes in. I will write again.
W/Warmth and love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: insanity...   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Well, Kent, this is what I have to say about you getting all the way to the computer to write us back today. WooHOO!!! You ROCK! I've been thinking as I read this blog, and I've come to the conclusion that you didn't pick up your insanity all by yourself, it seems to run in the family. (Yes, cousins - and let's not forget Jeff - I mean YOU! Isabel, no worries. It does not reflect on you. I'm pretty sure this sort of thing skips a generation.) Miss you bud! Keep up the good work, as we keep prayers aloft continuously - both praises for God's goodness and for continuing and complete healing. Again, I must say - WooHOO!!!!!

Love, Gayle
Back to top Go down
Tim (fav

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pink pink and more pink   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Ive known kent now for 40 some odd years and I KNOW his favorite color is pink. Hes told me several times.Maybe hes still a little hesitant to tell ALL but this has got to be brought out in the open so all who know him can understand him a little better!!So pink it is! Razz Razz So in saying that I hope this lets you sleep alittle more sound tonight kent geek
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday School   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Kent,

It was great to read a response by you personally, but I knew everyone was keeping you informed and that was good enough for me. All the kids in Sunday school and Children's Church wanted to pray for you today and they were very concerned that we should pray specifically for your needs. I will have the kids tonight pray about good sleep and we will keep the prayer chain advised, but I think almost everyone is checking this site several times a day so they should know.

We love you and keep you in our prayers continually. Tell Cindi to take a picture of the wig with and without the hat. Maybe we can get it in the Clarion.

Who knows how great my technological prowess is? We'll soon see.

Love you,
Susan
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So Good to Hear from You!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 12:38 am

Kent,

I stand amazed. Still sending good thoughts and prayers and love. I can just see you smiling...

I'm praying that you get good fitful sleep - whenever you need it.

Sweet Dreams,

Mary
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to cousin Tim . . .   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 1:10 am

Just a quick and personal thank you to my cousin Tim; Thanks so much for the loan of your favorite pink bathrobe and matching bunny slippers - I know how much they mean to you, and I promise I will return them to you just as soon as I am out of this hospital. I didn't wear any of the little lacy things you sent along - they are all still folded up and clean.
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: today at St. Joseph's   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 4:06 am

Hi Kent

I check this site in the afternoon and continue to be amazed at you and the love that you generate!

You were mentioned at the intercessions at mass today -- so St. Josheph's is praying for you too. I will pray for restful nights for you, no seizures and strength in you left leg.

By the way -- we're still looking for a play for High School Drama..... As soon as I know what we're doing, you will know too!

Good night for now. .......... Debra, Ken and Matthew (and energetic puppy Skip too!)

PS When do we get to see you in the pink bathrobe?
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Glad to hear   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 am

Hi, Kent!

I just wanted to write and say I'm glad to hear the wonderful news and wish you a timely recovery. Take it easy. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

:)Alyssa
Back to top Go down
Martin &

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Hey Kent. Martin here, Toss here. We are both wishing you a speedy recovery! Martin said you could hurry up and come back so it would start snowing again. He said you left and took the snow with you. I say hurry back but leave the snow behind.
Back to top Go down
Brian Th

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fishing is in the Thelen Guys blood   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 8:51 pm

[i]Hi, First post from Brian T, Kent’s dad. It has been heartwarming to see the love and support for Kent flowing from Cordova. It is with great pride that a parent gets feedback for the success of his kids (they are always kids to a parent). Thought all of you would like to see a couple pictures from the formative years. Fishing has been part of both Kent’s and Jeff’s lives since they were able to wind a reel. Not sure how the photo portion of the website works but will try posting them at the same time this message is sent.
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: yipeeee!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 10:03 pm

Hello Kent, I am so thankful that all has gone well! I have been traveling all over the state tracking your progress by phone, it is such a relief to see that Sheridan has kept the website going strong. I am off to Juneau today but will have my computer with me to keep an eye on things. I am so happy for you and your family. Is it too soon to ask when you might be coming home? We love you, we miss you! Bring Isabel back too, we'd like to keep her.
Love, Carol H.
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Joanie

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: keep it up Cordova!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

Joanie here...

I left Kent in Minnesota yesterday and came back to Alaska where it is warm and I am not surrounded by men in pink frilly clothes.

I just wanted to tell you to " keep it up Cordova"...this site is an incredible boost to moral. Kent is presently walking out of the hospital and going out to eat some REAL food...then going to a hotel for some REAL sleep!! Yes, TODAY! So that is good news.

But we really need your support for the next few days...it is incredibly difficult to wait for the pathology report to come...and it looks like the earliest we will gets results is Wedn. We will all know exactl;y what is going on when that report comes back....and not until then...

So, thanks...and keep it up.

Oh...Kent also reported to me this morning that he has no weakness on his left side at all right now. A little bit of difficulty with some fine motor skills -only the left fingers (periodically) . But walking without a limp. Wow.

smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hello again!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:58 am

Hello everyone!! Yes Kent walked out of the hospital today, but not before we walked down to this place called, "The World market" and had some lunch at 3:30pm central time. Kent was kind of fed up with hospital food! He had fries, grilled cheese, and a Dr. Pepper and enjoyed it with a smile!

He is resting now in his room in the Hotel and needs much rest. He was unable to get rest in the hospital because everytime he had a chance to rest a nurse would come in for different reasons. Sleep

So, sleep is what kent really needs tonight!

So, keep up the praying for Kent!!

I will be departing MN late Tuesday night and it has been a blessing to be here and support Kent and encourage him and his family through all of this!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Heard from Tim   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 3:58 am

Kent,Jeff and Sissy,
Just wanted to say I heard from Tim tonight. I continue to pray for all of you. Waiting can be hell. But......what can you do. Enjoy being out of the hospital and being able to eat grilled cheese I guess! I was talking to my friend Brian today at school and he had tears in his eyes as I told him of your plight. He had brain sugery 2 yrs. ago in Phoenix. There is a head and neck hospital there I guess. But he had all the anxieties you had after his surgery and I think sharing your story brought it all back to him. His tumor was benign, thank God. But follow ups remain a part of his life. All our futures are in the hands of God. I believe that your journey, no matter how scary, is providing us with lessons that will never leave us. YOU MATTER!!!!!! and you are loved by soooo many. Love and prayers of peace. "You are not alone in this house." I love you Sal
Back to top Go down
Kristi

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: yahoo for the great progress!!   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 6:03 am

Hi Kent- Roy and Kristi Wilson here- we just heard the terrific news and are so thrilled by the support network you have!!! We knew you were having surgery, but as we are temporarily here in Washington at the shipyard with our boat, we are a bit out of Cordova's loop. We're so glad to know everyone's prayers have been answered, and you deserve a large portion of the credit for your oustanding outlook and quiet determination and your unfailing ability to see the absolute best in a situation. You are a star Like a Star @ heaven , Kent, and your light shines brightly for all of us. Please continue to get better, and know that Cordovans everywhere are combined in their support for you and your family. cheers By the way- very nice hairpiece, but not real sure it goes with the pink frilly bathrobe and slippers!! Enjoy your freedom from hospital food, and nurses visits bounce !!!!!
Love, Kristi and Roy
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Just Checking Dude   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 7:52 am

Hey Kent ol'e buddy just checking on you and hoping to hear something on the pathology report but I see it will probably be Wednesday now before more is known.

I spent last week in Juneau on business but kept tabs on you while I was there. I was so happy to hear the good report following your surgery I darn near cried.

Well hang in there brother; I'm praying for you daily and I know God is with you every step of the way. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Life is what you make it.   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Dear all,
Thanks for your continued outpouring of love, support, and any other good wishes ,etc. you send my way, day after day. You have
no idea how much it means to me. Understand this, While I am currently faceing this problem there is much more I want to say.
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: CONTINUED   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm

understand that while i"m going though this proccess it was you
who brought out the best in me<>
FROM CHARLIE Brown to the present from being a volunteer medic,
a volunteer firefighter, all the other stuff, I am known for doing, it was
Cordova who showed me the way. You opened the door and I stepped through. I big part of my life is the Church for those who are unaware and prayers are a major part of my life, to give and recieve both, now I am in need more than in the past. For those who do not
believe as I do, your good wishes your prayers in your own belief are
needed as well.
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: CONTINUED   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 3:08 pm

If you have any pictures, not of me per say, but of activities I stay
involved with please feel free to post them, I did not get here without
much help along the way. Ems, Fire, Theatre, etc, pictures of those
who are just as involved as I. Besides I have no pictures of stuff down
here, they belong to other people who came with me.
It sucks, waiting on the pathology report, but what's to be done.
So untill such time, keep me in your prayers, good wishes, good vibes, etc, Until I can come again,
w/Warmth and Love
Kent

Next page: https://kentforum.forumotion.com/Kent-c1/Post-Messages-to-Kent-Here-f1/Kent-talk-t2-100.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next