Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jude

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Another BIG Kent fan   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:27 pm

I have read the postings over the last several days with awe and reverence (& a few laughs!) at the outpouring of love for you, Kent. Having been a close friend of Isabel’s for many, many years—from the days we lived in Milwaukee and would visit Iz at her townhome on the east side of Madison, through the years we all lived in Madison and would sit around her big stone coffee table in front of the fireplace & talk & talk & talk—I know what great sons & fantastic extended family she has. Through all this time, you and Jeff have also become like family to us, Kent. Although you have been through an enormous wave of emotions the last week, few others have the faith and courage and grace that you have. That will assist you in an enormous way as you enter into this new journey ahead. You’re always welcome to stay with us—whether in the next several months while we’re still in Illinois or after we move near Rochester, MN this summer. With love and hugs and tons of faith--Jude queen
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Further Info   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Hello to all yet again,
we are waiting on a reply from our neuro-oncologst at this time to
determine what course of action to take. There will definitely be Chemo treatment, due to the fact the cancer has indeed returned.
It is not as severe as the first gi-around but it must still be dealt with
aggressively. Jeff of course is the medical information man and is much more organized, and is handling that end of things. My job
is to get well, hopefully sooner than later. I wan't to come home. I
miss Cordova with a passion, and know I belong there, not here. For
the time being, here is where the best help is, so here I stay, for now.
Thank you all for all you are doing for me, keep up the payers, good vibes, everything positive going on, I still continue to need those things.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Kent

Just got off the phone with Joanie this morning. Got the update and understand you're in the waiting mode -- always so hard when you would rather be doing something, making decisions, taking some

You continue to be in our prayers. You are an incredible human being and I marvel at the love that surrounds you. Kent, you bring out the best in others! How do you do that????? (If you could package it in a seminar, we could take it on the road and sell it to teachers all across the country! It'd make millions!) Joking aside, know that my little family, my teaching colleagues, many friends, and my drama class are thinking of you.

It's a rare sunny day here in Cordova. The sky is a lovely winter blue and the air is fresh. Come home just as soon as you can! Love and miss Debra, Ken, Matthew and Skip, the hyper active puppy
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Watch out - incoming mail!   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi Kent! I just sent off a package of mail to Tim's address. A lot of it had little windows, and we know what THAT means! There are a couple of Cordova Times in there, which will be fun, as all the Iceworm coverage is included. Also something from Dewey and Louise. I was going to throw in a million dollars, too, but I must have misplaced it in my house somewhere. (Then you could buy Tim a new bathrobe, and you could just keep his, as I'm sure you've grown quite attached to it by now.) If I find it, I'll be sure to zip it off to you. (Yeah, right!)

I talked to Cindi last night and your mom this morning. They are the cream of the crop, just like you. You are a lucky boy to have so many people who love you so much. Keep up the good attitude, make your bed, kiss your mom every day, let's see, anything else? Well that's good for now. Give Jeff a hug for me, too. Love, Gayle

To all who are having difficulties with things being deleted when you post -

I am the consummate user of the ellipse (three dots), and everytime I use one and preview the message before posting, it deletes the ellipse as well as several words before. I'm guessing, but that could be a bit of punctuation to avoid on here.
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent!   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Hello Kent and this is sent with many hugs to you!!

You will not believe the temperature today on Bainbridge Island, it's a hot 60 degrees with sunny skies and no clouds to run and hide under. sunny I am sure many Cordovan's would love this sun and warm temperature about now. I would rather trade and have the cold, rain and the snow. Well, I put the deposit down on that one bedroom apartment I was telling you about and will start moving in 01Mar07. I miss you so much Kent and can't wait to see you again. Hope you are having a good day today and getting plenty of sleep. So, have you tripped yet in those size 20 shoes? Laughing
I am praying for you Kent and the Spirit Christian radio station in Seattle are praying for you daily also. I have a friend that works there and she always ask me now, "How is Kent doing"?
Last night I sent an email to Focus on the Family asking them to pray for you as well and shared with them of what and encouragemnt you have been to so many while you take this journey in your life. Kent you are such a blessing to so many people and I am so thankful to have you as my dear friend! Very Happy

I Love you Kent!!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
piper@co

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Hardings   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 1:05 am

You are in my prayers daily! Think about you all the time and look forward to your return. I hope you've memorized all your lines and are practicing the Edna Jones dance. I am kidding, ya know. You haven't seen your wig yet!! Haha. pretty funny Kent. We have to do something about it. You'll look like Elvis Presley otherwise. That's not the look we are going for.

Luke LOVED sitting with you during the fireworks. When I asked him how the fireworks were he said, "I got to sit with Kent!!" I thought that was great. He enjoyed that more then the fireworks. He prays for you too, every night before bed.

We miss you and love you dearly. God is working in mighty ways. Remember He is in control and has you in his care. Nothing can separate you from the love of God.

Your sister in Christ, Piper
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Prayers Lifted up for you Kent   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:55 am

Kent,

The Goodnews Baptist Church in the Cayman Islands have been praying for you everytime they meet to pray. My missionary friend Jeanette asked about you tonight and my mother said to tell you hello and she has called all of her friends that she grew up with to pray for you as well.

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Bob

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hi Kent...update from Cordova...   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 3:46 am

I just wanted you to know how much you are missed in

Here are the last 20 minutes of what is going on back The EMS alarm just went off and Joanie headed out the door on a fire call (5:47pm). If you were here I am sure that would be your destination as well. It did not sound like a big phone just everyone is back at the we are thankful for

The phone just rang it was (do you hear the phone ringing at the Behrends house??) topic was

I hung up the topic was prayer chain

It is busy I am smiling as I write this. Wow, you are a popular guy!! I just wanted you to miss you at small group and look forward to when you come home.

food has been great and you are in our Love, bob.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Update from Cordova   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 3:58 am

Kent,

I just tried to send you a message and found out if you include any trailing periods (which I will not do here) your attached words are deleted. So the message I just sent is full of deleted words. Sorry. You will have to try to fill in the blanks! Sort of like a crossword puzzle. Good Luck!

The point of my message is that we miss you, Love you, you are in our prayers, and we want you home soon. Love, bob.
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi Kent and family, Sheridan and I just added another page to this ever evolving website, it has truly taken on a life of it's own! I hope all is well during this waiting period. While we were researching astrocytomas we kept coming across these pilot reseach studies on the use of venom proteins for brain cancer. The information was so intriguing we actually included a synopsis on the new page. We are very curious if your Dr.has an opinion or any familiarity with this research? We realize that this sort of initial research probably does not get offered to Joe Public because it is still in the research phase, but talk is cheap and inquiring minds want to know! Love and prayers to you and yours - Carol H. and Sheridan J.
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Scott C

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 pm

Kent,
Just to let you know we are still thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way !!! Thank you for the up dates, you can lick this !
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: "StilL" in holding pattern   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:51 am

Leg is not what it should be, arm is not at normal strength, brain, what
is left of it sort of works. Life could be worse. I am doing a lot better than many other people with major medical problems. Sometimes I
don't have the strength to keep this up. I fall apart and then pull myself back together and continue on. Tonight is one of mt fall apart
nights. Thanks for the new pages,pictures, the cancer types and tx is
an excellent idea as well. Thanks for all your continued support, it means more than you'll ever know.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Susan

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Prayer   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:35 am

Gee Kent,

The impossible happened today. That is encouraging. During prayer time in Sunday school and Children's Church, we got everyone including Zoe to be absolutely quiet and pray. What an accomplishment on your behalf. Keep fighting Kent. You've got it in you I know.

To anyone who is having trouble with posting messages, take heart in the fact that many of us are Digital Immigrants and only kids like Sheridan and other young ones are Digital Natives unless they are Richard who has been a digital nut forever. Well, maybe just a nut, but like you I love him.

Our prayers are with you always.

Love, Susan
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: It's a new day   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:27 pm

It's another Monday again,
for me it's the fisrt day of the rest of my life. Hopefully it will be a long
and fulfilling one. Feeling better today. Most days I feel good, but on
occasion. The prayers, thoughts, and pictures are wonderful, I love them all. Jason, wanted to let you know my coulin Tim loved the night harbor picture. The other pictures, FD, EMS, High school Theatre, Etc. I love as well. They are absolutely wonderful. I need to look up the scorpion remidy for cancer tx as well, sounds interesting
but probably will try a more conventional means first. Although you
never know.
I'm probably off to Milwaukee today, Froedert hospital. My uncle just
lost a leg do to cancer and they highly recommend them. We are really hoping to hear back from my neuro-oncologist but we can't just sit around and wait.
Thanks for all your prayers and support
w/warmth and love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Remember this Kent?   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Kent,

Not sure if you remember this story, but thought I'd tell you about it. I actually forgot about it and yesterday morning when I woke up it just popped into my head, so here it goes.

We decided to walk down the Eyak River trail to fish for salmon and we didn't go far down the trail at all. So, the place we stopped to fish was a small opening which was hard to cast. Then all of a sudden we watched a small bird land on the river and fight to swim to the shore. Then I yelled, "Kent can you reach the bird to help him" and you then jumped into that cold river water to attempt to help that bird. The bird was too far away, but when it got closer you jumped back into the water and grabbed it and by this time the bird didn't have any signs of life, so we decided to try and revive this bird. You did the chest compression and I did the rescue breathing, but the bird never came around and we laid the bird to rest on the bank where we found a hole. Then we left because you were cold and wet and needed to get some dry clothes. It was just another exciting day and another adventure spent with Kent.

Know that I am still praying for you daily. Hugs to you, Jeff, Isabel, Brian, Tim and his wife.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:22 pm

What a cool story Cindi!

But just like you Kent to think of others (and birds) before yourself. But that's the way you are; and as a Christian, you "walk the talk". I truly respect and admire you for that. There are few of us mere mortals who even come close.

Weather here is still good. This morning it is mostly clear and sunny with temp about 20 deg. Looking at the weather page this morning it looks like we're in for a pretty strong northerly flow with low temps and high winds. For the next few days the forecast is for temp 5-15 and winds 45-50 mph. Even higher for the Copper River at 80-100 mph. Batten down the htches! Gonna see some major windchill probabilities. Probably a good time to stay close to home.

Well, gotta run. Keep up the good attitude and know that God is with you always. Take care buddy. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Just a hi   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Kent,
I read your post from last night and was feeling so much for you. I tried to write you a response but i couldn't get it to go through. I was remembering a song mom (and i think Garndma too) liked and it kept going over and over in my head. The song is "Because He Lives" and the lyric is " Because He lives, I can Face tomorrow. Because He lives,all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future, And life is worth the living just because He lives!" I know nights can seem the darkest. Kent, but as you said, today's a better day. sunny Know that we love you and continue to pray for peace and reassurance. Tell Jeff to hang in there. (and your mom too) xoxoxxoxox Sally
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 12:43 am

Kent,
Kellie and I spent the weekend in Valdez at the Valentine's Tournament. We got back at 4:30 yesterday morning and the first thing we did was check this site! We have been aware of the new information and have been praying diligently for you.
You know, prayer is a funny and amazing thing! When you pray for someone else, the things that seem to be important in your own life become less important and we allow the Lord to work out those things while we intercess for others. I don't know if that makes sense but, God is taking care of the issues that surround our family (minor in comparison) while we diligently seek him for healing for you!
I think this is what you have done all the years we have known you. You have put others before yourself. That is why there is so much prayer for you now! It is our time to give back.
I hope this makes sense and that you can rest in that knowledge.
Please read this amazing passage from the scriptures: Psalm 46. I love this because it talks about the awesomness of God. He is our refuge and will not fear. But most of all I love: "Be still, and know that I am God;" I feel this speaks of works he is yet to do to show his amazing love for his creation! How cool is that?!
Love always!
Michele
(Bill & Kellie too)
Back to top Go down
Peggy Garvey

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hi Kent, Izzy and Jeff   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 4:26 pm

I wanted to let you all know I'm thinking about you and wishing you all the best. Kent, you beat this before and you can do it again. I've really enjoyed looking at the photos on this website - what a gorgeous place Cordova is. You've got some really great friends Kent, both up there in Cordova and in Wisconsin, and all with prayers and well wishes for you. I know you're taking good care of each other.
Love,
Peg Garvey
Back to top Go down
piper@co

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Praying for you today   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Hi Kent! As I was praying for you today, God put a song in my heart. I know it's a scripture but I'm not sure where it is. The song we sing on Sunday goes like this:

Fear not, for I am with you
Fear not, for I am with you
Fear not, for I am with you say's the Lord

I have redeemed you I have called you by name, child you are mine
When you walk through the water I will be there and through the flame

You'll not (NO WAY) be drowned
You'll not (NO WAY) be burned
For I am with you!!

I know that He says this and I am always comforted by it. Only a peace that He can give. An amazing peace. I'm also comforted knowing that you know Him and His peace. Miss you Kent.

Hey, I was thinking about what shows to do in the future and we ARE going to do "Little Shop" like we have always talked about doing. We have to do it before you and I get too old and can't play Seymour and Audry anymore. ( : Though this is Cordova and we could probably get away with it for another five years. But let's not wait that long. Next year Kent!

Love, Piper
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 12:54 am

Hi Kent !

Apollo here again. We dogs are amazing, aren't we? SHE goes to take a shower and tells me to "stay". I look at her with obedient eyes and race up to the computer as soon as she disappears.

It is just SO gorgeous here today that I had to tell you all about it. The wind is whipping up the sea out along Orca road. The sea otters are having a ball going up and down and up and down. And I RAN for the first time since the November accident. I put my nose to the wind, dropped my head, and ran my heart out. SHE would only let me go 1/2 mile but I could have gone forever. Maybe. Pretty soon you can come run with me. Or you can ride in the car like SHE did today. Pretty lazy.

I overheard HER talking to you this morning and I am thankful that you are going in for an appointment on Thursday in Milwaukee. You sounded happy today. Keep up the great faith. Tonight is small group SHE says, so I'm guessing you'll get a call from the group. They all miss you. They will be doing part 2 of the Truth Project tonight. You can catch up when you get back.

You cannot imagine how many people are asking HER about you every single day. Everyone is on it. And asking. And praying. And thinking. What you feel there is REAL here.

wagging my tail and waiting for you to throw my toy, Apollo
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: A grook   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 am

A grook is a book of sayings my Mom had once upon a time ago.
This is a grook which says much to me.

"To be brave is to behave bravely, when the heart is faint,
So one is only truely brave, only when one truely ain't"

Hopefully I have managed to handle the strong fear of cancer
in way that can be considered not courageously, but at least with a
quiet strength and grace as to be worthy of a so called "brave"
person. With the grace and prayers of others I have managed to
stay afloat and by the grace of God I will continue to do so. I
realize I will fall apart from time to time but I pray that in the end it
will be God who is glorified through all of this. I have also come to
believe this may not be a matter which involves me so much as those
around me. Yes, I have the cancer, but others are hurting as much,
if not more than I.
It is late, I'm getting to philisophical. Time for bed. God Bless.
W/Warmth and love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Kansas   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:20 am

Hey Kent Just a quick shout out to ya from somewhere here in Kansas. First day I havent talked to you since this crap all kind miss ya ! Well then Razz just want to be HOME! and sorry I couldnt be there the last couple of days Hang in there and I will be home tomarrow eve sometime. Call me tomarrow on the yes Im still praying for you so you must feel something!!!And if my sister isent as good as a host as Brenda just leave and come back to our house!
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: cold day-----warm wishes   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 7:57 am

Hi there Kent!

I am writing to you rather than grading papers. (Much more enjoyable to have a cyberspace conversation with you than to do paperwork). It has gotten really cold today - north wind. You might need to bring the wig home with you. Or at least employ your hat.

Drama class is STILL in search of a play. Can you hurry back so that I might make up my mind???

You are in my thoughts morning and night. I mention you at mass at St Joseph's and tomorrow at the Ash Wednesday special mass, I'll make sure to add an extra prayer. Lent is supposed to be a time of quiet reflection. Know that you will be a part of my Lenten journey.

I remember the first time you told me you had cancer years ago. You said "I beat the crap out of the You have a lot more people behind you in this 2nd fight!

Love you much and always,

Debra, Ken, Matthew and Skip (who is thinking of emailing Apollo)
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: a photoshow   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Kent, I don't know if this will work or not, but I thought I'd try. The girls, Bud, Wanda and I went for a walk the other day when it was so beautiful. Made a photoshow of the pictures I took and thought you might enjoy it. Hope the link works if not maybe you can cut and paste. Still praying for you and holding you in our hearts. Marleen
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: no   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Well I guess the answer was no. That won't work! I doesn't like links. I'll see if I can figure out how to get it to you another way. Do you have an email address? Marleen
Back to top Go down
Little T

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 8:17 pm

Kent,
Your post from last night has made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! David, Paul, and Peter wrote from the place you are at and your words are no less wise. Please stay up late and be philisophical some more!
Sickness, hospitals, and suffering are things our family is no stranger to. So many times we have gathered at the bedside of those we love in order to love each other. I remember so clearly as Dan lay on his back for weeks and months, how he would ride the rollar coaster of feelings, up and down, but in the end, understanding Gods gift of using him to change lives. We laughed, cried, yelled, talked and hurt, but most importantly we loved. I follow Christ today because of that time, hundreds and dare I say thousands, may say the same.
I have a bible that is the one Grandma used last in her life. She only had it for 2 years before she went to heaven, 2 hard fought and pain filled years. regardless of the circumstance she knew God had her. The one verse in the whole book she underlined,one of the Psalms:
I lie down and sleep in peace, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
So lie down and sleep in peace brother, Hes got and all of us around you will do our part by listening and learning through the love. I pray we all grow through this and someday when we celebrate 20 years of this with you, we can see a little more clearly. I love you, more than you know.
Little Tony
Back to top Go down
sheridan

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 pm

Marleen wrote:
Well I guess the answer was no. That won't work! I doesn't like links. I'll see if I can figure out how to get it to you another way. Do you have an email address? Marleen

If you would like to have these pictures posted on the site email them to cjhernley@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Jude

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Wow! What a family...   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 12:56 am

KJ: Your "family" is amazing: not only am I inspired by your cousins' posts, but your Cordova and Wisconsin "extended" families are just as wonderful. As you go through your ups and downs, remember the gifts of all these people and let them bring you up. Love to you, Iz, and Jeff...
Jude queen
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Kent Talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 3:51 am

Kent,

I just got this response from Sharing Life Together/Focus on the family and am glad and thankful they will be lifting you up in prayer daily. So, I posted below their email they sent back to me so you can also be blessed by it.

Our hearts were touched by your expression of love and concern for your friend who recently underwent brain surgery. As we read your message and visited the Web site, it was evident to us that the people of Cordova care about Kent and are interceding on his behalf. As always, it is a privilege to join our prayers with yours.

Every day our staff gathers for prayer and devotions, and we will be lifting your friend up before the Lord at that time, asking Him to touch his body and ease his mind. Take comfort in God’s mercy, and remember the words of the apostle James: “The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him ” (James 5:15).

Again, thank you for allowing us to bear this burden with you in prayer. May God bless you and keep you as you trust Him to bring wholeness to Kent.

Denise Wilcox
Sharing Life Together/Focus on the Family

Cindi
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:24 am

Kent,

Today was an adventure for me. I joined the Biggest Loser competition on the base about 3 weeks ago and today was our 1st offical physical fitness competition and there were 5 teams with 3 people on each team, but my team members didn't show up today, so instead of being eliminated I asked to compete regardless. So, I had to do all of the relay fitness stations 3 times and out of 5 teams I came in 2nd place. I almost finished first place, but I lost my balance towards the end.
I laid hands on my knees and asked for extra help from Jesus for this task set before me and asked for safety and protection and Jesus gave me the strength and energy to keep going. The other teams still can't believe and it was the talk on the base that I did so well and that I completed it.

I owe all of my success to Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord, because without Him I could have never made it through this competition and to do it 3 times and come in 2nd place out of 5 teams.

Just like you are doing daily Kent. You walk each step side by side as you and Jesus hold hands and you trust in Jesus Christ your Savior and Lord to help you get through each day and the many prayers lifted up by friends, family, Cordovans, and many you don't know. Kent you bless me by your strength and encouragement you give and just by your life you have to offer to so many. You are a living example to us all my friend.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Have a great day with Jesus!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: So sorry I couldn't hug you...   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi Kent,

I'm so sorry I couldn't stop by when you, Jeff and your mom were at Sally's. I've got a bear of a cold and my doc gave me an "absolutely not" when I asked about seeing you - even with a surgical mask. I'm hungry to hug you to give you the strength and love that I am storing for you. I think you see the specialist in Milwaukee today. As all of us are doing, I am praying that you feel God holding all of you in his arms as you go through this day...just this day for now. Will wait to hear any news you may get - and I'll give you a call very soon. All my love,

Mary
Back to top Go down
joanie

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: update for everyone   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Hello everyone! Joanie here.

And thank you for your patience. And your prayers. And your thoughts. I know that many of you have been wondering what the latest is on Kent. The news this morning is encouraging.

First, of all, Kent is doing well, both emotionally and physically. He chooses to remain steadfast. And he has slowly had a recovery of his motor functions on the left side that were again compromised last week. Last night he felt pretty good about his strength and could do fine motor exercises with his left is slowly returning.

I JUST talked to Jeff and they JUST got out of the oncologist appointment. I will try to relay the information as best I can. They got a terrific doctor and talked to him for a VERY long time. Jeff said they "hit a home run" with this doctor and his willingness to help and talk.

Again, they cannot tell us , for sure, what grade cancer this is. They just don't know. The doctor thought it was perhaps between a grade 3 and 4, but when asked about the grade 2 diffuse astrocytoma, he says he would not rule that out either. Because it is recurrent and has been treated before, it is too tough to call. An astrocytoma is not just an astrocytoma, but one of 800+ varieties. BUT REGARDLESS, that does NOT affect which teatment will be used. The choice is clear.

They will be using a chemotherapy called Temodar, or temozolomide (TMZ), in any case scenario. It is a relatively new one, not available when he had this before. Compared to 11 years ago, this will be less likely to make him sick, less likely to interfere with his immune system, won't be so harsh on his bone marrow, and has been HAVING GOOD RESULTS. There are some patients who have the grade 4 cancer Kent had before, who have been on this now successfully for 5+ years, with no reoccurence.

The oncologist confirmed that the cancer seems to be active, as evidenced by cells in different stages, so it must be dealt with. He does not think that the tumor mass (cyst) will come back though. He said probably not. He said that the surgery done, was WELL done. He expects that Kent's left side will regain strength and get better. The brain tissue is actually quite forgiving when you take a mass out and he expects no long-termed deficits.

Kent is having labs done as I write, for a base line. He gets an MRI next Tuesday. And Jeff thinks he'll start chemo next Tuesday. The chemo will be in the form of pills. He'll take five pills, one each day, and then rest for 23 days. After the first round of chemo , they will consider letting him do this at home, here in Cordova. They used to treat for 6 months, but now they look at a course of a year. It depends on how Kent responds to it. He'll get MRI's every 2 months in Anchorage and use his oncologist up there, along with this doctor in Milwaukee, to monitor his progress.

When discussing the idea of Kent coming home, Jeff explained to the doctor that Kent was Citizen of the Year and had many duties to perform and speeches to make. Grin.

smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Joinie!   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Thank you Joinie for the update I couldnt of said it better. I just got off the phone with Kent Jeff and Isabelle and they are all very upbeat about what was said and what path they are heading .Im glad I talked long because im a poor note taker and I wasent sure what I was going to say! lol Thanks for posting it. So I guess were all meeting at the cabin in Michigan for the w/e! Its a place very dear to all of our hearts and its been awhile since weve all been up there be a very relaxing weekend!So all you wonderful people of Cordova and everywhere else who have constantly given their support and THANK YOU SO MUCH We wont beable to post from Michigan since theres no electric BUT Im sure you will hear from us early next week! Love Tim and Brenda
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Thank you!   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:06 am

Thank you Jesus for taking care of Kent and working every detail out for him and continue to lift him up daily gracious Lord!!

Kent,

I am so thankful you had a good report with your doctor and I know you cannot wait to get home to Cordova!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:26 am

Hi Kent, we are having some difficulties with the counter on the main site, it appears and then dissapears, hmmmm. So we will update site stats once daily until we figure it out. This is your 194th message on the forum, so at least this site is tracking nicely.

Hope all is going well with the consults, sounds like chemo will be underway shortly. So good to hear you will be able to come home if all goes well! We've got all our fingers and toes crossed for you, I'm typing this with my nose!

Carol H.
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Russ

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:03 am

Hi Kent, my name is Russ and I work with Cindy. I am so glad Cindy has taken the time to share some of your life experiences with me. Everyone can learn by you, the good times and the tuff times. You have faced the tuff ones with vigor and triumphed. I believe you will conquer this challenge as you have in the past. You are an amazing man with awesome will power. You have great friends and family supporting you in your journey. You have my best wishes and prays. Russ
Back to top Go down
Jeff T

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Trying to post - MAJOR FRUSTRATION!!   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 am

OK - dear wonderful everyone;
I just spent 45 min. typing up a full report, only to have the computer I'm typing on lose the whole shootin' match when I tried to post. I'm on a dial up connection, so I guess I'll try this shorty to see if it'll fly . . .
Hocus pocus - cross yer' fingers - -
Back to top Go down
Brenda

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hurry Back   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:54 am

Hey Kent, Hurry back to my house; I miss kicking your ass in cribbage!!!!! Wink
I thought of you all day and Im so glad your appointment went well!
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: magic   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:57 am

Jeff is now a magician? This should be good! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jeff T

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Report (again)   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 am

OK - round 2,
On Monday we decided not to wait any longer for Kent's original neurooncoclogist to reply, and put a call in to Froedtert hospoital in Milwaukee. They have a great reputation, and have a top-notch neurosciences dept. Our first call led us to two neurooncologists, the senior one being a Dr. Krouwer. The first contact revealed that he was no longer taking on new patients, but within an hour of our faxing over his pertinent We had an appointment set up for Thurs. morning (this morning). Dr Krouwer's staff asked if we could get his actual slides from the lab in MN, and the hospital fed-ex'd them to milwaukee for us. We drove by the hospital on tuesday to drop off his MRIs &other info, in hopes that the Dr. might have a chance to look them over before our appt.
When we met today, Dr. krouwer told us that on wednesdays, all of the neurospecialists there get together and discuss the current patients, and that they had discussed Kent's situation at length. He also said that the slides had arrived late wed. afternoon, and he had stayed on late wed. eve looking them over with his right hand lab guy. By the time we met He was completely up to speed, and Kent had become a topic of conversation around the office (everyone wanted to meet the 11 year survivor :-))
We explained that Kent's surgeon is 'a man of few words' - (THAT is an understatement!) - at which point he told us that his next appointment was not until 2:00, and then spent 2 hours with us answering questions and filling us in on everything we needed to know. We came away with a lot of confidence and comfort in his professionalism. So - we got yet another great doctor!!!!
The long and short of the meeting is that they cannot exactly determine the histologic 'grade' of this recurrence, it could be anywhere within a broad range. It does exhibit traits consistent with a grade 2 tumor and also a grade 3 tumor, but the treatment choice is no different in either case. The Dr. also said that he felt that the neurosurgeon did a great job, and that he thought that Kent should regain all strength and function on his left side in time. This seems to be a little better each day, so that is looking good so far . . .
As Joanie mentioned above, It'll be a single agent chemo (pill form) - 5 days on, 23 days off. It is generally quite well tolerated, has low risk of immunosupression, and, most importantly, has shown to be quite effective in many cases. SO - Kent is feeling pretty good about what we learned and heard today. More good news, the Doc says that after the first round here, if he does well with it, there should be no problem returning to Cordova. Further radiation was discussed, but is not the preferred first line option at this point, so not to much time was spent on particulars of that.
I'de try and write more here, but I have a very bad feeling that this dang contraption is going to dump this post into a cyberdump again that I think I'll just end this and try and get it posted for now.
Again - Thank you all for this overwhelming love and support - it is truly overwhelming. And a very special thanks to Carol and Sheridan for setting up and maintaining this site - what a gift it has been!!
Peace and Love, - Jeff
Back to top Go down
mary and mike

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Up North   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:54 pm

You guys have a good weekend Up North. So glad you are getting to spend the time together up there...lots of love and good vibes always surround you when you are there. It's gonna snow so be warm and cuddle up. Kent, you have a particulary good time; hope you will find some relaxation and peace there.

I'll take the city, but know you all are loving where you are headed. Will wait tohear from you next week. Love to you all,

Mary
Back to top Go down
Cousin M

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

hey Kent!

I just wanted to say "Hi" and that i enjoyed chatting with you the other night. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

love,

Marni
Back to top Go down
Penlope

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of you   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 9:50 pm

Penny here checking in. Joanie has been keeping me up to date but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you all and hope you have a great weekend at your cabin.

It's another beautiful day in paradise!! Cold, but sunny! On a sunny day in Cordova I'm not sure there is anyplace more beautiful in the planet.

I am so pleased about the new prognosis. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Take Care - P
I have to try one of these little emotion things. affraid queen Well maybe two.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Another Thelen story   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 1:24 am

I’m so glad to be able to read all these posts: I feel as if I know a lot more about your Cordova world, Kent and Jeff, than I did before. You have loving, creative, and faithful friends.

I have a good story about Jeff. In these past weeks, Kent has been living a physical and emotional rollercoaster. But I know Kent well enough to understand how much he adores his family; his little brother has a special place in his heart. Now, I could regale you with many, many stories about Isabel, yet I think I’d better not. But, we haven’t seen posted as many stories about his right hand man. So here’s one. Many years ago—perhaps 15-20, Jeff was staying with Isabel in Madison for a winter. That was the same time that Ann was staying with Walt and me. The 4 of us decided on a cold, blustery day to go ice skating on the pond in Tenney Park. Now, Walt, Annie and Jeff were all great skaters, but I was and remain a novice. Walt and Ann wanted to cruise all over the frozen lagoon, so took off right away. That left me quivering in my rental skates. But Jeff, good guy that he is, stayed behind to help me along. I grabbed onto his arm and we ventured out into the middle of the pond. We were really getting a rhythm and I started to feel a little cocky on my skates. I imagined myself doing a triple lutz or a double watcha-ma-callit. My grasp on Jeff’s arm started to loosen because I knew that I was going to become the next Peggy Fleming. Jeff asked me if I was sure I wanted to let go and I gave an overly confidant smile and said “YES”! Then, within 15 seconds, my life flashed before me. It’s hard to imagine how it is possible for a person’s legs to go that far up in the air, while her head is pointed straight for the ice. No But, that’s exactly what happened. I’m sure that if Jeff could have caught this flying fool in his arms, he would have—but, as the saying goes—it all happened so fast. To this day, I can see Jeff looking down at me, sprawled on the ice, wondering if I had experienced the concussion of a lifetime. I truly believe that this was the beginning—just the beginning, mind you—of having some sense knocked into me. And I have Jeff to thank. If he hadn’t waited so patiently behind for me, let me hold onto him for dear life, I wouldn’t have made it to the middle of the frozen pond to, eventually, sprawl in my glory. We love you too, Jeff.
queen
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 1:32 am

My posts are not going through this Computer,  Will try posting on a different computer
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 3:38 am

Kent,

Hope you are "at The Cabin" by now and maybe showing your cousins up "at The cabin". Maybe in the morning you can show everyone how to properly use the griddle and clean it "at the cabin"
Just have fun, relax, and enjoy your time with your family.

Today I went to a knitting felting class to learn how to make an evening bag. The class was supposed to be 1 1/2hr long, but me and this other lady just couldn't get it and we stayed an extra hrs getting help so I have alot of homework before finishing the bag in class next friday. This looks like a promising Christmas present. In two weeks I will be taking another knitting felting class to learn how to make slippers to wear around the house, so I will make you a pair to keep your feet warm. I had to drop out of the sock making class because it was too hard and I am still considered a beginner. I like the Net loft better in Cordova because here you have to pay someone to help you, and in Cordova there are so many people that just help out of the Love of their heart.

Oh well, Have a great weekend!!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: To be or not to be? That is the question.   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 1:32 pm

The above question is one we all face, and we all come up with different
answers, whether we face that question directly or ignore the question,
it will hunt us down eventually and we will have to decide what it means "To be or not". For me, it means livingf each day to the fullest, no longer just surviving. When I had cancer back in 96 I was told 6t mo-3yrs atthe time I was just giong through the motions of life, surviving but not living. That's when I came to Cordova, visited my brother and dedcided
then and there I didn't care how long I had, and moved to Cordova. The
mountqains became more majestic, the blues bluer, the greens greener, the wind crisper, I began to really live again. I don't know why this second bout of cancer has reared it's ugly head, but, here it is. For me it's not about why, it's about how I deal with it. Would it change the realikty of my situATION if I know why. I ddoubt it. How I live then is what is important. Do I just go through the motions, or do I really live making the most of each moment.
I have not to this point, nor can I continue without your continued support. I have had prayers,goodwill,good vibes, and cards, and flowers
etc. The support as I said once before is unfathomable. I pray for your
continued asupport as I embrace this next phase of chemo tx. The town
of Cordova, and many others have shown me continued support, both though this website, and without this website. This website is an exzcellect place for me to stay in touch. I know the realization of what decisions have beeen made with regards to the type of cancer and tx qre
out, and that you all have your own lives to live, I pray you will continue to check in on me every so often to see how I am doing.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Linee

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: You Philosophisizing Fool   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 12:14 am

Yes, I'm constantly checking on the site too! The words shared here are so heartfelt. I do hope it provides comfort to all. Kent, you'd better keep up your philosophisizing - it's one of your most endearing qualities! You are truly an expressive guy. One of a kind. Wishin' I could hug ya long distance, Linee
Back to top Go down
Isabel

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 am

It's the mom again. As we were driving out of the parking lot after our doctors appointment on Thursday, I asked the guys, "which way are we going to point our car today?" We've been here and there and everywhere, bedding down at motels and with wonderful and generous relatives. But now we have landed for the next month or so at the warm and confortable home of our wonderful friends Julie and Dan. They winter in Phoenix and have given us the run of their place in Milwaukee for as long as we need itl So now we have a place to settle while Kent undergoes his first cycle of therapyl We can unpack our suitcases even. And Kent's new doctor and the hospital are nearby. Bless you Dan and Julie.

And bless you Cordova!!!!!!! YOU are so much a part of the healing. As is every person who has contributed words of encouragement on this site and prayers off site. Thank you Carol and son for making this possible.

Hugs to you all. Isabel

Next Page: https://kentforum.forumotion.com/Kent-c1/Post-Messages-to-Kent-Here-f1/Kent-talk-t2-200.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next