Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Kent Talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 3:07 am

Kent,

I am praying for you everyday! The church I go to also has a prayer chain like Cordova and are praying for you as well.

Not much exciting going on in my life here in the big city. At work 5 of our medical computers have died and I am trying to get new ones for the clinic, work is about the same and look forward to visiting everyone in Cordova and seeing you again.

I volunteered to carry the giant American flag at the Mariner's military appreciation game next Tuesday. I was originally put on the baseline, but asked to be taken off, so I am back to the flag. I did it last year and it was fun, but scary at the same time with all those people in the stands looking down at you. We all got tickets to the game and it was my first professional baseball game to attend. Our seats are located at the very top and it was kind of weird the things they do during the game. Guess it's a way to get the fans involved.

Well take care!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Kent,
I got an update from Joanie so know that the plan is for chemo today. I just wanted you to know that we are praying that things go well today. Marleen
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: hey you   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Hope all goes well today. And Im praying that the steroids do there wonders over the weekend without any further complications.Ive always told you that steroids is not the way to go to get big and strong like me! Cool As far as getting those pictures of you in, that will happen over the weekend.I know I know but Im ALL about PAYBACKS!Anyways, give me a call over the w/e.I think there are no plans of leaving this nest but were thinking of running over maybe Sunday to see if the steroids are really working,if your feeling up to it that is! Love ya man Tim
Back to top Go down
vlblackl

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Got you in our thoughts!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 6:08 pm

HI Kent,
It has been a long time since I wrote but today you have been in my thoughts so much that I this keyboard said, JUST DO IT!
We have been spending time with your crazy brother Jeff lately, he keeps us informed of your status. Jerry & Jeff are up to their eyeballs in the Boat haul out facility and causing all sorts of uproar in little ole Cordova. Jeff is out fishing right now and Jerry is working so I get a few hours off from having to listen to them!!
I was driving down the road yesterday and I see this bicycle wayyyy down the road comng at me and for a minute I thought wow Kent is back! And even though it wasn't you it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling because I remember the times you rode your bike to work at CCMC & the times you would come roaring in behind the ambulance to aide the other EMT's. Always there for someone else. We are all here for you now and saying a prayer that you will be back on that bicycle as soon as you can.
Take care and keep up that positive attitude.
Jerry & Vicki
Back to top Go down
kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: later   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:05 pm

just tried to post a reply but I screwed up. Will try again later.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi Kent, I waited yesterday to see the post that you had planned before sending one of my own; hoping to know a little more about how it was going for you. But nothing showed up so I'm guessing you may have gotten tired or weren't feeling well enough to talk. My heart goes out to you buddy and I just keep on praying every day. I'm sure there will also be special mention and prayers for you at church this morning.

It's another beautiful sunny and clear day here in Cordova. We've had quite a string of them now with bright sunshine glistening off thawing snow daily and temps rising as high as the lower 40's . And each day gets a little longer than the preceding day. It's still getting down to the md-teens or lower 20's at night, leaving the snow crusted in the mornings but by mid-day its all thawed and slushy. Long icecycles (some to 8 feet) hang off the eaves of our old house in the morning and then by noon many have thawed or broken off. Finally, we're coming out of the deep freeze and it really is beginning to feel like spring. Maybe by the time you get back things will have begun leafing out.

On the down side the warmer temps tend to drive the frost deeper into the ground and many folks are dealing with frozen pipes. In some cases sections of the city water lines are fozen as well. I hear the entire area leading down to the new harbor and the harbormasters office is all froze up. That's gotta be a hassel for many.

Well, gotta go buddy. Hang in there and keep smiling. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Just one day at a time   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi all,
This is he latest. Lovenox(blood thinner) is being reduced to 60mm
instead of 80. Apparently there is some concern about my quagulation capabilty at this point. They don't want me bleeding to
death on their watch. Decahdron reduced to 4mg (tid) three times
a day. Swelling under control. Just am finishing up 2nd round of chemo. We now wait and see what the next MRI shows on the 24th of April. Then depending on what we see proceed from there.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Seawan

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: spring energy   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Greetings Kent~~Sending you love and prayers from Cordova. It's a bright sunny day here and the birds are getting active - you can tell it's spring even with 5 feet of snow in my yard. I know this is a tough week with chemo and medication changes...keep up your positive attitude...when you feel it slipping come back to your mail and take energy from it. Think of all the Prince William Sound SPRING energy buzzing through our emails to you. Peace to you....Seawan (Andy, Alena and Leo)
Back to top Go down
LUCY

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: IT'S ABOUt TIME WE HEARD FROM YOU   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 5:01 am

I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK IT WAS SOMETHING I SAID, CHARLIE BROWN, AND YOU KNOW HOW CAREFULY I AM CHOOSE THE MILD WORDS I USE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Seriously it is good to hear from you. I was starting to get worried about you. No pale affraid The weather has been so wonderful here that it almost made me want to try to go sking, but then I remembered you weren't here to carry my fat behind down the ski hill in a sled if I broke my legs. YOU'RE THE ONLY THINK THAT KEPT ME FROM SKIING THIS WEEKEND. DO YOU HEAR ME CHARLIE? I COULD HAVE BEEN SKIING, BUT YOU'RE NOT HERE IN YOUR EMT UNIFORM TO SAVE ME!!!! Mad Crying or Very sad YOU HAVE TO GET BACK UP HERE SOON. I HAVE MANY ATHLETIC ADVENTURES PLANNED, BUT WITHOUT YOU ON THE AMBULANCE CREW I JUST DON'T THINK I CAN CHANCE THEM. COME HOME CHARLIE BROWN! LUCY
Back to top Go down
Charlie

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Skiing   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 5:18 am

dearest Lucy,
I am sorry I wasn't there when you wanted to go skiing but fyi the
Ski patrol trained in outdoor emergency care are the ones who work
on the hill. If you get an emt up there all the better.
As far as all your other adventures DON'T FALL DOWN(sorry didn't
mean to shout )Very Happy

Really at this point I'm not out of the woods yet. Huge medical
expenses may give me a heart attack or cardiac arrest before this
is all over. Luckliy there is medicaid and SSI for whimps like me.
Hopefully won't need them for very long. So much to do, so little time.
Anyways thanks for the yell LUCY. for your concern Marleen
w/Warmth
Charlie Brown
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:26 am

Hi Kent, I've been out of town a couple days so had to play catch up on posting the latest crop of pictures. My oh my! Twisted Evil View at your own risk. Viewer discretion advised. Tim is so naughty. Are you sure you're related? scratch

Hope you are feeling better with this latest round of chemo.

Carol & Sheridan
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
Lynda an

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Hey Kent! I hope all is well. I am glad to hear that you were able to go thru with the Chemo. We (Cindi's family) are all thinking of you and praying for your recovery. We are all still planning on visiting Alaska in August. I hope we get to meet you then. If not then...then maybe soon after. Enjoy the week and have a Blessed Easter.
Lynda and Bill from Savannah
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Deniability   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 pm

I deny all Knowledge of the anonymous post on page 6 of photographs
Back to top Go down
MO

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Hi There!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

Hey Kent...just thinking about you so thought i would send you a hello. I am hoping things are getting better with each day. You need to come home soon before I get all this cpr paperwork stuff all messed up for you! tongue Anyway, things are still crazy here. We have FD elections coming up this month so that will be interesting as usual. I wonder if Tim Fisher will be nominiated again this year...hummm. I will let you know the results! Take care of yourself and hurry up and get home. We miss you!!

Melanie, Brad, Keyona & Jed
Back to top Go down
Linee

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Who doesn't want a wife?   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:46 am

I WANT A WIFE! Can Tim cook and clean in that gorgeous wedding gown? That photo I saw posted on page 6 really caught my attention . . . He would definitely turn heads here.
Take care Kent,
Linee
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: to all you wonderful people   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 4:48 am

I CANT BELIEVE IT! I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT! Someone that posts on this site is a thief ! I actually had my camera stolen on my wedding day!So whoever you are PLEASE dont show the pictures titled "My Wedding Night"They might shock a few!! affraid And to the thief out there,please return my pics to the address above!
Back to top Go down
A theif

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: HAHA   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 6:49 pm

you cant have your camera or any of those pictures back so hahahahaha lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Hey Kent, glad to hear the chemo and other treatments seem to be working out well. I've been following the postings daily and it looks like your over this bump in the road. Thank you Father!

Seems I've hit a bit of a bump of my own; nothing like yours of course but I've been pretty crippled for a couple weeks now. Tweaked my back again and nothing we have done so far seems to be working out. I've looked and felt like the "Hunchback of Cordova". Hey sounds like the title of a great play right? So, anyway this weekend I'm flying in to Anchorage for a consult and treatment; probably cortisione. I'll be back Wednesday.

Can't believe it but it finally looks like we are back to a more normal Cordova weather pattern Today it's 40 degrees, cloudy and raining. It seems to be helping a lot with melting out the snow.

Well, take care buddy. If I have computer access when I'm in Anchorage I'll check in on you. Later, Bruce
Back to top Go down
JMcCool

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Checking in!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi Kent,
I hope you are continuing to recover after your recent setback. I'm keeping you in my thoughts every day, buddy. As soon as you feel good enough to get together, please give me a call. By the way, if you're still in town on May 2nd, our favorite band Los Straitjackets will be in town. Maybe we could go check them out again. It will be my treat.
Hope to talk to you soon!
Jim McCool
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Arrow albino Easter Blessings to all.

My life is like a faded leaf,
My harvest dwindled to a husk ;
Truly my life is void and brief
And tedious in the barren dusk;
My life is like a frozen thing,
No bud nor greeness can I see:
Yet rise it shall - the sap of spring;
O Jesus, rise in me.

Excerpt from A Better Resurrection by Christina Rossetti.
Back to top Go down
Marleen

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Happy Easter!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 10:39 pm

Kent, Just wanted to let you know what you're missing here. It's raining and windy so of course in true Cordova spirit we all went to Nirvana park for the egg hunt. People in "America" just wouldn't get women in insulated Carharts on Easter, but I know you understand. We had a soaking good time and most of even have the pictures to document the occasion. Hope you have a blessed Easter, Kent. We miss you. Marleen and the girls
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Kent,
You are missed!
I hope things are going better. I haven't read the blog in a little while and got a great laugh when I did today. The pictures are classic!
I finally started listening to my Radio Gals tape again. I wanted to see how much I remembered. I was pleased that I remembered quite a bit. I hope you have been keeping up too. I can't wait to do "Wiki, wiki, hula, hula, hunka, wunka, Honalulu, Hawaiian honey of mine".
I cut my hair short so it will fit into the wig too!
The weather is back to normal. No more sunny skies but not too bad. Easter was nice. Had a Cordova dinner with Crab and Shrimp.
Hang in there. Have a great day. We are still praying for your recovery and speedy return.
Michele
Back to top Go down
kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Blew it again   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:33 pm

Started a good post then lost it. Will try again later.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey Kent, well I'm back from the big city and in better health. Things went about as expected for me; met with the doctor, got an MRI, figured out what the problem areas were and got a couple spinal epidurals and now am feeling much better. Hey, and it was painless. Glad for that. A few more days and I should be as good as new. Well, as new as this older model can get.

While we were there Sally and the girls also took care of dental needs and did a bunch of shopping. The weather was great; sunny and warm. Lots of gese have showed up in Anchorage. We saw several flocks on the ball fields and any polace that had green grass. Actually pretty nice here too; mostly cloudy with sunny breaks and about another foot of snow has melted out.

Lots of activity in town as folks are beginning to break their boats out of mothballs. Cleaning them up, running the engines, fixing all the little bugs that accumulate over the winter. Folks are talking about the first opener which is still a little over a month out.

Sounds like things have been pretty smooth for you. That's great and I'll keep praying it stays that way and that you're back home with us soon! Take care bud, Bruce
Back to top Go down
kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: trying again   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi folks,
Just a short post here.
All is well down here in Wisconsin. Very cold wet rain, snow, and
clouds. Just like home. Just toodling along until next MRI on the
24th. Taking one day at a time. What else is there to do.
Bruce my man, sounds like things are going better for you. I am
glad to hear it.
The fishing opener in Wisconsin is May 15th as well. I've never been
in my entire life so I may stay for the opener dshown here, then come
home. For medical concerns. Mainly for fishing purposes if all goes well. It's basically the "guys" who go. I'm hoping I can make it since
the guys are all my relatives of various ages.
Regardless, home is home, and I am eady to be there.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
mary

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Fishing Opening Day   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 1:57 am

My Dear Cousin,

If you are going to fish on Opening Day with your male cousins (always the troublemakers), we will all be expecting new pics of your escapades. Never much cared to fish myself (or be in the woods or in the cold or without water and electricity and, and, and....), but this year I will look foward to it if you guys catch some good pictures. (Now you can see if my brother really catches all those fish or if he and Brenda just tell everyone they do! Smile

Know you are always in my prayers.

Mary
Back to top Go down
joanie

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Kent could use your energy today!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi everyone!

It is Sunday morning, April 15th. Happy tax day! I have spoken to Kent numerous times this week, and he has been doing well, but I wanted to let you know that he just called me this morning and could use a bit of our collective tremendous support right now.

Bottom line is, he is scared right now. He got online yesterday and did some more research and the data he looked at was not encouraging. What he saw with regards to reoccurring astrocytomas was a survival rate of one year. He is concerned because , although the swelling is obviously under control, he still cannot write well with his left hand. He is feeling anxious to see the next MRI on April 24th , to see if the chemo is starting to shrink the cancer at all. He is in a holding pattern rightn now and it is kinda tough.

This morning he doesn't feel so sure of himself. He doesn't feel as certain that he'll be OK.

The data on folks like him is not out there, because there are so few success stories like him. The data that is there is based on the norm. Kent is not the norm. *smile*

But irregardless, it was discouraging for him. He's been stoic and faithful and consistently strong for three months. And he needs some uplifting at this time. He is going to leave the researching to his dad and Jeff. They are both absolutely incredible with the research and this episode made him decide to let them do it without him.

So, if you have a moment to think of him now, please do. OR-If you have a moment to leave him a note on the website , please do. OR-If you have a moment to call him at 339-225-0749, please do (he has free weekends and evening minutes- he can call you back for free at those times). But a simple thought for his strength would be so great.

Thanks for all you ALL do for him. smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Elise

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Hi kent.   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi kent,
I've been getting all the updated info on your status, but never realized I could just jump on here & say hello! So here I am.

As you know, I'm sure.. things here are drizzly and cold, ick. I'm ready for the warm weather, not that we get much, but the sunny days are a blessing! I heard surgery went well and you're still standing strong in your faith, I'm glad to hear it.. Smile We've definetely missed seeing your smiling face around the firehall, everyone's ALWAYS asking about you. It's amazing how much this community loves you and cares for you.
It's also remarkable how far you've come through all of this. Keep hanging in there, you will make it through, no matter what statistics say.. You aren't those people, you're unique in these circumstances.. Smile Which means you will be coming home soon!

And if I'm right, in the past year that I've gotten to know you.. you are the kent who won't go down, without a good fight Smile
Stay strong kent. My prayers are with you everyday. Take care of yourself & I'll be seeing you soon.

Elise
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Looking up "stuff" on the net   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 3:01 am

Kent Thelen! Wasn't it you who just yesterday reminded ME not to get on the net to look up conditions?? Remember that statistics are only numbers. Statistically, you should'nt be here. You've beaten the odds before and you need to believe that you could do it again. In the mean time google brian regan or some other funny man and let the heavy research up to your bro and dad. It was nice to have you here. I know how much you miss home, but it is really nice to see you more often I love you Always in my prayers Sal
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Sheepish and thankful   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Dear Sal
To Sal, I must admit I do feel a little sheepish after all my statements
to you, about the use of the internet for diagnosis, especially after
I heard from your own lips don't diagnose via the doctors. Nontheless
it was good to see your post and hear your words. Good idea about Brian Regan. Also as much as I say I want to be home, I really like the
fact I've been able to visit cousins,aunts,uncles etc, who I rarely have
seen over the years. I never realise just how much I miss the family
until I return home. Then it's too late. So I will just start focusing on
the positive side of bein home for awhile.
W/Warmth & Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Elise   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi Elise,
Just wanted to thank you for helping a guy through a tough day.
I also noted, a wee bit late that you made the papers, Congrats.
It's nice to hear your positive words, and you're right. Those people
are not me. It seems to be harder and easier the second time around.
I know I need all the prayers and thoughts I can get (positive ones that is) so I apprecciate all you do. Sometimes it seems as if I can feel
when those prayers,thoughts,good vibes, etc. surround me.
Weather is 50's warm and Sunnny. I'm going to have to get used to
the cloudy, rainy weather of Cordova after all this sun.
Hopefully ambulance duty is fun, I really enjoy it in the summer
when I can easily bike to the hall. Winter is another story. Gotta run
hospital wants some more of my blood, I think I'll be white by the time
I come up. I will need lots of transfusions if they take anymore.
I already look like a junkie.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Kent, I saw Joanies message this morning. My heart goes out to you man. It's got to be tough; all the waiting and uncertainty. But it's not really uncertain is it. It is a certainty that God is in charge. It is a certainty that God is using you to touch many. Trust that God knows what he is doing and that it will all work out. Hang in there my friend, our prayers are with you. Bruce
Back to top Go down
MO

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Missing you up here   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 5:24 pm

Hey Kent!
Well I am sure Joanie filled you in on all the election results last week. Seems that not too much has changed in the realm of who's who in the fd.
There are many days that we feel down in the dumps & have a hard time focusing on the future & goals we set for ourselves. Right now, you need to focus on your goals...getting better, passing your medical tests, MRI's, etc, and getting your bootie back home! I know that it is easier said than done sometimes, but just keep your focus and things will have a way of becoming a reality. There is a video I watched not too long ago about being positive and the results you can create with a positive attitude and positive goals. However, I think you have always been on the positive side of things...just keep your head up and find that focus again!

We think about you daily and youre in our prayers. We can't wait until your home again...i will try not to be too much of a mother hen! Take care & talk to you soon!! Wink

Melanie & Keyona
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Checkin in   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:34 pm

Morning folks,
Just lettin you know everything is back to "normal" down/over here
in the U.S.A. Stopped my research. Got back to living life, being my
old positive self. There's still some fear but I move foreward each day.
Not much I can do except keep on praying, being possitive, eat my greens, go to bed early, you get the idea. Thanks for your support
especially yesterday, I was really in a slump, I am trying to take a more
positive role in the healing proccesses. It is harder this time than last, but
if I can make a difference in my own healing (with God and Christ working
with me, I stand a better chance. Last time around I was involved with
Guided Imagery, deep breathing, meditation, visualization of cancer cell
destruction, prayer, etc. This time I have not been so active in the healing proccess. I've just taken my meds (like a good little boy), spent
some time in limited prayer, and leaned on the community for the rest
of my emotional support. I have some energy to get more involved with
my own healing proccess. I still need your support but it's time for me to become more active and I now have some energy to help my own
healing.
Christ and God first, family second, friends third, self last. That's the way it needs to be. Everyone who looks at or posts on this site, I
consider family, so you rank pretty high up there. I only hope I can
be as much to you when you need it.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 3:16 pm

Right on Kent! Good job! Bruce
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:41 pm

A Hug Back at You!

Kent,
If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own;
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there.
Back to top Go down
Jim M.

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:38 am

That's the best attitude to have, Kent. You've been my closest friend for 15 years, even while you're living in Alaska. I've always admired your strength and conviction. If you feel up to getting together, please give me a call. In the meantime, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers of course.
-Jim McCool
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Misc.   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi folks,
I decided I should put up a post for a variety of reasons.
1. To keep you up to date
2. For those in AK, to let you know how I am doing. I know Joannie
gets many inquiries into my health so I thought I'd give it to you
straight from the Horses mouth so to speak.

Still waiting on the Social Securitiy office decision as to whether I will be
granted dissability or not. The key here is not so much to recieve $ right away but rather to be able to extend my COBRA insurance for another18 months. In order to do this the Insurance company will need, by the end of April, to be able to extend my insurance for another 18 months. The cost of COBRA coverage is nothing compared to the cost of the medications I am currently on for Cancer Tx. as well as the blood thinners. For the Medics a little more in depth look into Lovenox Vs. Kumadin. Lovenox is a short term blood thinner used in place of Kumadin when internal bleeeding is concerned
due to the fact it is shorter acting than Kumadin so can more easily
be controlled. The other factor is that Kumadin is hard to control when a person is on certain anti-siezure medications. I am on those
medications. For those who know me well enough, the fear of siezures
make it hard for me to switch to a medication which will not be hard to
control with Kumadin. Just a blurb for the medicsIN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. back to everybody.
So my faith is being tested. One week for social Secutity to get what I
need. My case worker says, I've been strongly recommended, for
acceptance, now I wait.
I find that things always seem to fit into place just when they're needed. That is not luck, or chance. That is faith. I also don't know
what tommorrow holds, that is also faith, because my health is truely
in question. I try to move foreward without thinking of the problems
of tommorrow(my life for instance) I am planning to come home in
mid May, and have not changed that plan. I move foreward looking at a half full glass each day. We all die, everyone knows it, few think
about it. When it comes down to how old we feel, everyone I talk to,
no matter how old feels 20-25 inside. So no matter how long or short
life is, it is how we live each day that makes us who we are. How we
react to the possibility of death or any situation that counts. I am
certainly not ready to die. Hopefully and with faith and prayers, good
wishes, and whatever else you believe, it will not happen yet. But no
matter when I die, My wish is that I will be ready, I believe/accept
Christ, I live as he did, and still go with the glass half full, into my next
life. Let's hope and pray though, that's not just yet.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks for the note Kent and the update on where things are at. I think most of us who care about and support you generally just think of the illness and the pieces most directly linked to the illness without a clue to the fincial challenges and other pieces of your life which are affected. It's got to be tough.

Your attitude is great however so keep that up. Right now, that truly is the priority.

I played volleyball last night so I guess that is a pretty good indicator on how I'm recovering. Still have some pain and not great mobility but had fun. Tomorrow I'm going to start trying some late season trapping for beaver. Some of the sloughs are thawing enough that I think I can get my canoe through, so I plan to trap through next weekend. Yeah!!

Well, gotta run. Take care buddy. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Bruce   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Thanks for the update buddy,

Glad to hear your feeling a little better. I know it can be hard to do NOTHING

while one waits, so I applaud your efforts, and glad you are having some fun

again. Keep your canoe upright and your spirits high, glad your on the road to

recovery.

W/Warmth

Kent
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: hello in a hurry   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 pm

Good morning Kent

Before I am off to school, just wanted to let you know I am here and thinking of you. Busy these past 3 weeks so I haven't had a chance to send news/love/prayers/and general good wishes.

Our family has you in our thoughts. Will send a longer note later tonight.

Debra
Back to top Go down
joanie

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: a good doctor report!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 am

Whoppeee!! It is April 24th!

Kent finally got a good report today! He has been holding out this week, just waiting to get today's MRI done, hoping and praying to get a good report. It has been an agonizing wait for him.

But the news is all good today. He came out of the doctor's office praising God. It appears that the swelling has begun to subside. It also appears that there may be some progress from the chemo with regards to the cancer itself. It is difficult at this point to tell how much of this progress is due to the anti-swelling drug, decadron, and how much is because of the actual chemo. But the doctor was pleased with what he saw and was upbeat and satisfied. He told Kent that he was doing a good job. Kent said he had nothing to do with it.

I had a chance to talk to Kent's mom too today and she was so thankful for all your support. She believes that the support and the prayers are helping to do this and is incredibly thankful to Cordova in general. She said that when they checked Kent's nuerological functions, they were the BEST she has seen since this all began. Kent HOPPED on his left leg, she reports!

The plan is this. Although we didn't speak of this today, I assume the third round on chemo is now a GO. They will wean Kent from the anti-swelling drug this next month. The next MRI will then show the effects of only the chemo. He is talking again about coming home...*grin*

KEEP HIM CLOSE....smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 4:11 pm

YAHOOO! Thanks Joanie, this is great news. Keep up the good work Kent! And, thank you Father.
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Praises to God   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Thank you all,
your prayers, good thoughts, and whatever else you choose to send my way have been answered. The Tumor site is Shrinking. The Letter I needed for my COBRA coverage has come through, I will be recieving some
Disability income, all is well. To me this is nothing short of a second miricle in my life. All of your support brought this about. I admit, I had to jump through some hoops down here, but that was nothing compared to the support I have from home. It appears as if I really do have an opportunity to come home soon. I keep saying I'm comming home, but this time around it seems to be a real possibility. Sure, everything is not rosey, but what is worth anything in life(to me) takes work, sometimes hard, sometimes less so, but achievement without work carries little value.
So with answer to prayer, your good vibes, and thoughts, I WILL be home
soon. (what a relative term, isn't it).
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: great news   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:56 pm

So Kent, Im sitting here waiting your arrival so we can get out of the city FINALY!Lets get up to the cabin and CELEBRATE! Sorry Cordova,I get to celebrate with him live and in person! Stay tuned Im sure we will have a story or two when we return Sunday Laughing And remember what Joanie said THIS SITE IS HIS BEST MEDICATION!Keep up the great support and prayers!
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Great news!   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:37 pm

This is great news!!!!!

Tim.........GET PICTURES, the gallery is calling. Wink
Back to top Go down
jlmyklan

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Praying for you   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Kent,
I arrived in Cordova a week ago. Heard about this website and wanted to tell you I miss your presence in Cordova. I am praying for you and the return of your good health. Come back soon.
Love, your friend and former Captain, James
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Kent, well I'm now finished with my trapping experiment for the spring and thought I would write and share some of it with you. Final score was Beavers 10 and Bruce 10 which means that the beavers won as I didn't catch any and I won cause it was a great experience. All the beaver dams and lodges in the area that I remembered from years ago were all gone. Probably washed out in last years flood events and probably the reason for my poor capture rate. But I don't really care. It's the experience that is important to me.

Each day I would put my canoe in at 18 Mile Creek on the Copper River Highway; paddle push and pull my way through all of it until it intercected with Alaganik Slough and then depending on the wind I would paddle or push and pull the canoe upstream to the intersection with 21 Mile Creek and then paddle, push and pull my way upstream to the intersection with the highway. Then I would hitch a ride back to my truck looking like I had been through some sort of an Iron Man competition. I'm sure most of the folks nice enough to give me a ride thought I was totally wacko. Guess I am; it was tough and exhausted me every day but it was a totally cool experinence filled with special moments. My detachment from humanity brought a kind of quiet tranquility to each days trip in spite of weather. Lots of wildlife; ducks, geese, swans, shorebirds, moose, thrushes, and occassional bear tracks of the first to come out of hibernation. Yesterday as I pulled my traps I noticed at least 20 eagles along Alaganik Slough as I moved upstream which I believe is likely the signal of returning hooligan.

I'm not sure if this experience was good or bad for my back as there were definitely some days of significant pain but today and yesterday I am feeling pretty darn good. Hopefully back to normal pretty soon.

It sounds like things are continuing to be positive for you although I'm sure the waiting can be agonizing. I'm praying you will come back home to us soon, all healed and ready to resume a more normal life again. Take care buddy. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Yet another hiccup   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:24 pm

As we walk down the road of life
Sometimes we say boy oh boy. But other times we slip and we fall
in the muddy road in or life. And sstumbling blocks get thrown in our
way, yes stubling blocks get thrown in our way and we slip and we
fall in the muddy road or life. Just felt like throwing that out. It was a
great Smothers Bros. routine. (for those of us old enought to remember).
However, I am now an uninsured sicko. So I keep trudging down the
road of life, but never giving up. There are so many people in the world w/out health care.

Bruce my friend, YOU have gotten me to the point where I have to come home, I miss it so much, look for me within the next couple of weeeks for a visit then I must return to Wisconsin, and travel to Michigan to our Cabin, where there is only peace, the sound of loons,
frogs, birds, and the wind in the trees. Oh yeah, there will be some medical stuff as well.
Yes indeed, the Journey is the most important part of any eneavor,
you sound a little beat but truely refreshed. Happiness is in your letter
and I feel good with you. It's kind of like laughing with you not at you,
as I'm sure you've heard many times in the past.
Gotta run my friend much to take care of here so I can get there.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Haw! I remember the Smothers Brothers; they were one of my favorites. And I remember Tommy going on and on; sputtering about the "ruddy moad of life"! It was hilarious!

I'm glad to hear your coming back although I understand that much of it is out of necessity in order to file your medicade. Perhaps if your feeling up to it and I can tear you away from all your admirers we could go out for a paddle or out in the boat for a little fishing?

Hey, the shorebird festival is about to start (Friday) and will run through next week. You may be here in time to see some of the shorebird flight.

Gotta run. Take care buddy. Bruce

Page 8 https://kentforum.forumotion.com/Kent-c1/Post-Messages-to-Kent-Here-f1/Kent-talk-t2-350.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next