Kent's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent's Forum

The Cordova/Kent information Exchange

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kent talk

Go down 
+10
Jude
gbrockway
Bruce Campbell
Scott C
Bobby & Lucy
Michele
mary and mike
carollb
Melanie
cjhernley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Here we go again   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 am

Hello to all,
I try to write at least omce a day, but sometimes words fail me, emotion takes over, and I just have to let the writing go. Today is
a good day so far and it is about 8:00pm AK time. The truth is I'm
scared to death of what comes next. The last time I went though
Chemo-therapy 10 years ago the chemo almost killed me. Not the
cancer the chemo mind you. I am also aware that The chemo had to
be extremely aggressive due to my original cancer type. Now I'm
going back on chemo-therapy. I know there is really no choice if I want to live a life with quality, still it scares me beyond measure. I think now that the second craniotomy(brain Surgery) was the easy
part. Now comes the hard part. I've siad something to this effect
before, but I say it again now. I am not able to survive by falling
apart all the time, I would be a wreck. I will also say, I try not to put
on false fronts. When I feel strong that's what I project, when I feel
sad, I cry, When angry, I tend to get frustrated and upset easily.
I am not the strong silent type, or the small weepy out of control type. I am human, and one of my goals in life is to be myself, not to
hide behind brick walls built up around my emotions. But to be able
to express them freely without caring "what will people think". It can
be a challenge but better to be myself rather than what I think others
expect of me. The truth is I will never be able to make everybody happy anyway. So tonight, I am tired out due to cancer or just plain
tired I don't know. I know the longer it takes to get started the longer
the cancer has a chance to get a hold. The shorter the wait, the
sooner the Chemo, the sooner I start feeling like garbage due to the
treatment. If someone can take this away from me please do so. My
life sucks right now, it is also ok right now, but RIGHT NOW it sucks.
So I will sign off on a negative note as I head to bed. Maybe tommorrow will be a better day.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Kent Talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:33 am

Kent,

I am sure you are feeling real scared about Chemo treatments but, Jesus is right by your side going through this with you. Jesus knows just how much Kent can bear and apparently He knew you could bear this in your life. God never puts things in our life that He knows we cannot handle.

Remember when small group lifted up Robbie Glasen in prayer when he was diagnosis with cancer and many prayed for him and he never got sick or loss his appetite during his treatments. Even the people that knew him were amazed!

Just trying to lift you up and give some love and hope sent your way. Kent you have so many people carrying you through this especially Jesus. Jesus is holding you safe in His arms. You have Jesus for your comfort and being away from the beauty of Cordova and the people kind of makes things difficult, but this site has all the comfort and memories of home till you can return.
I am praying for you Kent and I know there are many others as well.

Love,

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Good night to all   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:35 am

No words of wisdom tonight. Just a good night. Off to bed. Best to
all Cordovans and all the others who are so supportive.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:56 am

Kent ole buddy, it has been a hectic week but I have followed your progress and was absolutely elated to hear the new prognosis. I know it's scarey right now. Your words Saturday night just tore me up. The chemo must be horrible but I would fill in for you if I could. Honestly. Look behind you buddy. How many sets of footprints do you see in the sand? There are hundreds Kent. It is God, carrying you Kent, and hundreds of us right along side of him praying for you and supporting you every step of the way. Keep your eyes on the prize man and just know that God will help you get through this. Love ya man, Bruce
Back to top Go down
Bret

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Word   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 4:40 am

Hey Kent! Been out of town for a few days. Just read a bunch of posts. Just wanted to remind you that faith comes by hearing and hearing comes from the Word of God. Open that Bible whenever you get the chance man. Especially when you don't feel like it. God loves us more than we could begin to understand, He wants us to live in health, He gave His Son that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Look it up bro! afro
We love you and we are praying for you earnestly!
Bret
Back to top Go down
LMJacobs

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 am

Dear Kent-

I went to see "Waiting for Godot" last night, and it made me think of you immediately. I'm sure you know it, it's a Samuel Beckett play. You would have enjoyed it so much. I kept seeing you as Pozzo. The cast was really strong, and I was thinking how well you would have played opposite their Lucky. (He was fabulous, and probably only about 19 years old. Incredible performance!) Next weekend another community theatre company is putting on Nunsense. I doubt it holds a candle to Stage of the Tide, though.

I keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers, as do so many others. Since I couldn't get my note to post the other day, I sent you an old-fashioned letter. Stamp and everything! It might take awhile though, as the mail here is ridiculously slow. I think Durango still uses the Pony Express. No joke.

Hang in there, Kent.

Lisa Marie
Back to top Go down
torie &a

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: comin' at ya, kido!   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi, Mr. Kent: Well, it's finally Monday, blue bird Cordova near-to-spring spectacular weather, and everyone's been exhausting themselves out the road - skating, hiking, dog walking, sight seeing, moose gazing, even kick sledding to the max (our fine friend JP) - I think folks needed a break! This stretch of cold clearness has been outstanding, and the evening alpine glow over Hawkins has been, you know, breath taking! Troy and I send our love - we hold you in the very center of our thoughts - every day.

Love and hugs, my man, love and hugs!

Torie & Troy
Back to top Go down
Scott C

Number of posts : 3

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 am

Not sure what happend (with my post)but we look forward to seeing you soon...!? With love , Scott.C.
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about you...   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:58 am

Hi Kent, Jeff, mom (& everyone else there),
Just thinking about you guys, catching up on the news from this weekend with all of you. Its yet another beautiful, cold, windy day here in Cordova. The days are finally getting longer & it's still light out when i go home. Very Happy

FFI class starts tonight...every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays & most Sundays until May for all the new guys & us old ones that need refreshing! Wish you were here to do it with me. CPR stuff starting to get brought up alot~guess it is getting to that time of year when everyone starts thinking about it. I will try and fill those HUGE shoes of yours while you are gone...but i am giving it back when your ready!! No way do I want to be more responsible!! Remember our long talks about the FD and what needs to happen? I see small changes for the better now...i hope it continues. I look foward to you & I talking in depth about those things again.

I imagine you will be up & down with your treatments. It will probably be tough, but hang in there. I can't imagine what you are going through, but you are in all my thoughts and prayers daily.

Keep yourself well rested and keep planning for all the things you want to accomplish when you get back! I am sure you will be a very busy man when you get home...you always were the busy one. Take care and hope you ALL are doing well.

Love, Melanie, Brad, Keyona & Jed
Back to top Go down
FIsher

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 am

Kent,
Thinking of you today.
Kellie came home from school with the flu and I just got home and she is watching "Into the Woods". She aspires to be "Little Red Riding Hood" but she is quickly growing too old! Saturday night they had the "Cabaret" at the High school and she performed "My New Philosophy" from Your a Good Man Charlie Brown. It was cute. What a ham! I don't know where she gets it

It is so dry here I say of rain! Static is very bad. I'm thinking of getting a "Kent Hair cut" just to keep it from sticking to my face!

It's nice to know that you have "Fisher's" in your family down there. And a Tim Fisher! What a plus!

I hope things go well with the doctors and the treatments. As you well know, your reactions this go round could be totally different. I was encouraged by Cindi's reminder about Robbie Glasen's treatments. Hopefully you were too.

We sing a song at church once in a while called "Who's report will you believe?" and we echo "We shall believe the report of the Lord!". I have thought of this message over and over again since I first heard of the affliction. I am trusting the Lord to have you in the palm of His hand and I will believe His report!

Take care. Much Love!
Michele
(Bill & Kellie)
Back to top Go down
Tim(fav

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: good luck   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:12 pm

As you can see Kent It is a great thing to not only have Fischers in your family but also as friends too!You are one lucky man.(Not to mention Tim Fischer! WOW!!
I just wanted to wish you the best of luck today and in the near future with your lots and lots of people pulling for you cuz and this web page shows remember,Im just a phone call away regardless of what you need and you guys are welcome here anytime. And if ya need a good laugh,
Just keep watching the picture page! Laughing Love ya lots Tim
Back to top Go down
lindaleonard

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi Kent!

Just want you to know that I am praying for you as I follow your progress on this forum. Maybe I will even figure out how to get this posted!

Linda Leonard
Back to top Go down
lindaleonard

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm

It's me again. I was successful in posting the last brief message. I'll press my luck and try a longer one.
I have been following your progress throughout. I cannot quite imagine what you are going through. But I do know your faith and the power of God.
Don't feel bad about being scared and being "down" at times. This is perfectly normal at a time like this. In fact,m you show a huge faith in how upbeat you are most of the time.
We are praying for you here in Pennsylvania, too. I am so glad I had the opportunity to know you in Cordova. And I look forwaqrd to seeing you there again when I come up in August.
I will continue to uphold you in prayer as you go through your therapy.
In Christ's love,
Linda Leonard
Back to top Go down
Sally

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: What I've learned from my cousin so far   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Here's what I've learned from kent so far:
1.) Family is an amazing thing! And , the definition of family includes all those who love us and we love right back no matter what! Blood relatives are only a part of our family if we are lucky!
2.) Brother's are an incredible gift from God. (Especially yours and mine I love you )There are days you might not have picked them out for yourself, but obviously God steers that ship!! They give us unconditional love, strength, laughs and hugs when we need them can drive them right over the edge sometmes, yet there they are for us! They share our tears and our fears. and have the biggest shoulders when you need them. Yay Brothers:cheers:
3. Moms have a place in our lives that NO ONE can ever replace. Again a gift from above!) Even when they can no longer be at our side, their love still flows through us. Love your Moms!!!!!
4.) Being yourself is the greatest gift of all. Kent's willingness to show ALL his emotions, admit to his fears,and trepidations, and still smile that Kent smile and laugh that Kent laugh, witnesses to a wisdom that can only come from someone who has traveled the road less traveled and who has faced life's biggies!
5.) "Well, what can you do?" is the greatest lesson we can learn. Our choice is to face IT headlong and know that God is with us on our hmmmm, what is our other choice? That is what Kent teaches in his living. now and before his recent diagnosis.
6.) The power of love is not fathomable. It overcomes all. If we just choose to love, God, ourselves, the "unlovables" we may cross paths with, and all those precious gifts that walk into our things are made better, All burdens, lighter. All Smiles, brighter, when we love.
These have been the lessons thus far. I'm guessing his teaching has only begun. I love you Kent! Sal
Back to top Go down
sal

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: a few corrections   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:24 pm

What i tried to Our choice is to face IT headlong and know that God is there with us on our journey or hmmmm what is our other choice?

And: And all the precious gifts that walk into our lives. All things are made better.

any how. Lots of love Kent!!
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi Kent, good luck today with the start of the chemotherapy. Everybody is collectively praying as well as holding their breath in hopes that the medications will go gently on you. Please let us know how things are going as soon as you can. I am hoping that we all can then breathe a collective sigh of relief that it wasn't as bad as all those horrible side effects listed for Temodor. I think you are skinny enough already.

And Tim, you devil, that photo ain't going nowhere till Kent OKs it.

Carol Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://kentforum.forumotion.com
joanie

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Starting chemo tomorrow   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 am

Hello everyone!

Again, thank you for the KENT SUPPORT. He needs us all just now.

As you may remember, today is the day Kent was returning to see the doctor again and possibly start chemo. Again, the doctor took his time to answer all the questions. Good guy.

He will actually be starting chemo tomorrow morning, Wednesday, the 28th. The drug Temodar will be given, initially, at 300 mg, one pill a day for 5 days. He will take an anti-nausea agent (Zophran) before he takes the chemo. He'll have more labs done on his blood and another MRI in 1 month. He'll have more labs done in three weeks to see if his body is ready for another dosage of chemo. If it is, then they will increase the dosage by 35% and keep it at that dosage for the next year.

Kent can expect some nausea and some fatigue and general illness there are some folks who take this chemo early in the morning and then are able to go to work that same day. Now we know what to pray for this week!!

Last night, Kent mentioned to me that he thinks he may stay there for two rounds of chemo and then come back to Cordova. That's the plan.

He had an MRI this morning to see what is going on in the brain now and the doctor stated that it looks good. He can see no real problems areas of "enhancement" on the MRI. It's hard to actually tell for certain, but his report was good. There are still blood products and post-surgical remnants in the area, but overall is looking good at this point.

Kent is weaning off of the drug Decadron (sp?) at this point. It is the steroid drug that is keeping the brain swelling down. The swelling is what we expect the weakness on the left side has been from, and that side is slowly getting stronger, so the weaning process also seems to be going well.

Kent was taking a little nap when I called today and I will talk to him later tonight. But he is struggling right now with having to start all this back up again. Please keep him close to your hearts this week. It's a tough one.

smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Kent!!   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 am

Kent great talking to you today and will have you in prayers early in the morning. What a great walk from the ferry to work then to be lifting up a dear friend in prayer to Jesus!! I will sing the song "Amazing Grace" as I finish the prayer because that song means so much to so many and each word in that song has a lot to say. Very Happy

What a friend we have in Jesus is also a great song to sing as well.
Imagine this Kent: remember when you were a little boy and your mom held you in her arms and remember how you felt secure and safe there? Well, imagine Jesus holding you in His arms as you go through your chemo treatments. Jesus will continue to hold you in his arms until you are strong enough to stand alone. Jesus loves and cares so much for you Kent and He wants the best for you and your life. I love you

Love you and give Jeff and your Mom a hug for me!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
LUCY

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: HEY CHARLIE BROWN   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 am

SO IT'S ME AGAIN, LUCY, JUST TO SAY THAT I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE STARTING IN ON THAT FIRST DAY OF YOU NEW MIRACLE!!!! i KNOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK OUT JUST FINE AND YOU KNOW THAT I KNOW EVERYTHING. Seriously, Kent. I will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow as you start the Chemo. Though I've never been through it myself, I've been through it with my mom and believe me, I know about the fear and anger and uncertainty and everything that goes with chemo. I am trusting that you are going into this with your characteristic determination and faith. We're sending you love and prayers and all good wishes that these next few days are filled with abundant blessings and also with abundant opportunities for you to be a witness to those around you. I know that your faith can be such a blessing to someone else you might encounter who is facing cancer without knowing the God you know. I just believe that God will put someone in your path that you will be able to minister to.
Marleen and the girls
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Here we go again :)   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 am

Hello to all,
This is the night I have truely been trying to keep out of my mind.
BUT it has come at last. I feel as if I'm sstarting over from square 1.
Back on a chemo regeim. Already feeling anxious about feeling ill and
really getting sick(lowering white blood cell count, Bone density
decreasing,etc.) Going on chemo just plain sucks. There is one difference between the first time I did this and now. Now I know
Cordova, and the people of Cordova, And I love all of you. When I first came up I knew no one so it was harder but this time, well let's just say I feel better knowing people care. Anyway it's 10:00pm here
7:00pm AK time. For the next year or so, I have to tread softly, take
care of myself or I might just end up 6 FT under.(a little dark humor)
So it's off to bed at a reasonable hour for some time to come. Nuts
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Bruce Campbell

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Kent. I suppose by now the treatment has begun. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you this morning and praying for you along with all this extended family. Hang in there brother. Bruce
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Chemo-Treatment is not so bad   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi folks,
Chemo tx really isn't so bad in and of itself. Take a little pill to minimize
nausea, as much as it can, take the chemo regiem each day for 5 days of the month. Then wait for the illness to really strike over the
next 23 days and start all over again. The first month is the worst
according to the neuro-oncologist. He may be right. Nauasea, getting sick, dizzyness loss of equilibrium, and fatige seem to follow me
so far. This is the first month though, the worst month as has been
said earlier(I hope). I am looking foreward to next month with much more anticipation than this one. I think things will get better as I get used to the drugs. But, today is the day I have to live, may I live it fully(as much as I can) and save tommorrows worries for tommorrow.
What better way to live life.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Tim

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: picture   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 am

Ok Kentt a New and improved picture is sent so please give permission to post it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:50 am

Hey Tim, That new picture is a little fuzzy and I'm not just talking about your legs.affraid Carol Wink

Kent talk - Page 5 Photo42

Last edited by on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: still here and still holding you from afar   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:53 am

Hi Kent

Lots going on, but I always take time to pray for you when I wake up and when I go to bed (which needs to be )

Today was Chemo. no picnic, I'm sure. According to Joanie's note, you were dizzy from the pills. Hang in there friend. You have so many people who love you all over the country, we are pulling for you as best we can from afar. DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE BROUGHT TOGETHER!!??

You are a gift to us all.

To catch you up -- Drama has a play. It's called Who Dunnit and to Whom? I'll tell you more about later, have to get to sleep myself.

Much love from the little house on the ball field -- Debra, Ken and Matthew (and Skip the dog)
Back to top Go down
joanie

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: chemo update   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi everyone!

This is encouraging news. Kent did his chemo this morning (second day) and is out to lunch right NOW with his brother and cousin and cousin's friend. He's eating a rueben sandwhich (too much info?) and having a great time.

Compared to yesterday's dizziness and ill feelings and nausea, this is amazing. He didn't sleep so well last night, thinking about doing it all again today, but so far, so GREAT.

It worked better today , as he learns to adjust to the regiment. As it turns out, he found out that he needed to take all his other medications (the ones he is normally on) an hour AFTER the chemo. Yesterday he took them before the chemo, along with the anti-nausea agent. The result was that he could not even stand, due to loss of equilibrium. It was not fun. So, after hearing about the medication change today, I asked Jeff if it was "operator error" yesterday?

Anyway, great news so far today. I will post againl when the first round is over (unless, of course something comes up *grin*)

smiles, joanie
Back to top Go down
Carolyn

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: If you are eating a Rueben-- I KNOW you are doing GOOD!   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 6:31 am

Well Kent . . . I appreciate so much the technical info your brother and Joanie are passing on, giving us a fuller understanding of what's going on. That way I am not tempted to fly out and come do the surgery myself. No You know how sloppy I am with tools! jocolor

I haven't worried about you for one second . . . well okay . . . about 45 seconds . . . because I know what a soldier you are. farao I have never known anyone who took on healing so determinedly and all encompassing. That is the thing that most astounded me about you ever since I first met you. You have made a project of it more than once and that is most admirable. It stays in my mind as a pristine example of the most positive life force and I will always try to follow your example. You actually have a paradigm for healing that may be a prototype I've never seen; the way people should be looking at wellness.

You should go camping with all the guys when you come back. I am watching Grey's Anatomy and that's what all the doctors are doing, except two of them are fist fighting on the fishing stream.

So many have asked me about you that I have started a forwarding list. Everyday YOUR FANS hound me, chasing me down the street yelling "Tell us, Tell us, what's going on with Kent!" and I tell them -- "hopefully he is in a warm hospital bed and not out riding around Wisconsin on his bike in the sub zero IT has been crazy cold here, sunny and frozen. sunny I have really kept my nose to the grindstone and am all the way to mid terms. My speech tomorrow is "Molecular Genetics in a Picnic flower

Maybe when you come back, we'll be on crew and someone will give birth in the ambulance- that is what is happening on Grey's Anatomy right now. I've always wanted that to happen and I know you would too. Life at its most challenging is at the very least; and understated, exciting. bom

Take care of Kent, king (that's you, you know.)

"Hey YO! Let's Go!" The Ramones, 1976 afro

Carolyn Roesbery Smile
Back to top Go down
mary

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: new pics   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 6:02 pm

I love the new pics, Kent! I can see your delight in all of them. Fagan must have been a great person to be in Oliver - you even look the the guy who played him in the movie.

I've had the pic of you and Tim framed in my office for years. It serve to give me perspective when I think the day is going to hell in a hand basket. I can also attest to the fact that the strongest thing in those bottles ws Kool-Aid, folks. What does THAT say about these birds??? The party was in my grandparent's back yard - I can still see my gramma's face. All attributable to our superior gene pool - and I am wonderfully serious about this!

So glad to hear you could do lunch with Tim again. He was pretty glad to see you that day. Hope you are still feeling at least OK.

I can't tell you how good it was to hug you the other day. Just made the whole day worth gold. I remember it every time I think of you and know that we left a bit of ourselves with each other.

Loads of love and good stuff,

Mary
Back to top Go down
Sheryl

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 am

Hi Kent! I just wanted to drop in and let you know I am thinking of you, and do so daily. You are being lifted up in my prayers.
And don't beat yourself up if you have down days, just make sure to remember that God is with you and so are all of us back home. I am thankful to hear that your second day went better. I am praying for many more of them!

Sorry to cut this so short but Shelby is beckoning me right now.
Take care and God Bless!

Love,
Sheryl
Dave sends his prayers and love too!
Back to top Go down
cjhernle

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Kent, we had another cold, clear day with lots of wind. This inspired me so I decided to go windsailing on Lake Eyak. Got on my nordic skates and lauched a traction kite. What a mess, the wind wadded it up in minutes. So feeling clever I whipped out my umbrella and the wind promptly turned it inside out. It then finally dawned on me, I could just skate! Another dumb blonde moment overcome!
cheers

The latest message from Joanie sounded very encouraging. I wonder if you will be free of side effects during the time you are resting between medication? I sure hope so.

I've got to run. Kinda Celtic has a rehersal tonite, we are gearing up for a St Patrick's Day performance, possibly at the Reluctant. I can't find my dang lepracaun shoes. alien Carol
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 6:26 pm

Hey Kent, I was so happy to hear Joanies latest report. Hopefully things continue to go as well.

Hey, guess what? I got a new truck. Well, actually it's not a "new" truck but a "new" old truck. It's an 81' ford and in much better condition than my 78' ford. Well, OK so I got two pieces of junk.
And you guessed it, I spent all day yesterday working on it in the shop.

Valdez is here playing basketball with our kids. I went and watched the varsity games last night. We split with them. Girls lost and the boys won. Probably will go watch again tonight.

Well, hope things are going OK for you. I'm praying for you every day. Love ya man. Bruce
Back to top Go down
cousin M

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Faith and Hope   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 2:41 am

Kent

Hey there! It's Marni. I want you to know that you're one of the strongest people i know. You have a great heart!!!!! You have to know that. Never give up or lose faith! Two things that we all need and you have are FAITH AND HOPE. So hang in there! I'll check in later.

love,

Marni
Back to top Go down
Cindi

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Hi Kent   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 2:53 am

Hey Kent,

Tried to call today, but left a message. It's good to see you are doing better with the chemo and eating real food again. Not much here, but I finished my felted evening bag last night at the knitting class. Now, all I have to do now is put it in real hot water to see if it looks like the example at the knitting store.

I spoke with the instructor that will teach the felted slipper class next wednesday and she showed me a pair of cloggs they call them that would be better then slippers. Apparently the slippers are like ballet, so she is going to help me make the cloggs which are slippers for men with leather soft soles but will still have the wool on top and around the sides. I shared with her last night I need help to make a friend some slippers to keep his feet warm.

I slept in my new apartment last night and it was nice. My goal this weekend is to try and type as many questions as possible to help me study for that chief test in May. Well hope to talk to you soon. I am on the way to Wal-mart to get a CD made of photo's I took while in MN. Kate and John Moriarty say hello, they live in Poulsbo where the Wal-mart is.

Take care!

Cindi rendeer
Back to top Go down
Gayle

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Me, procrastinate???   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 5:49 am

Hi Kent!! I have so much work to do tonight, I think I will write you a book instead. No? Please don't do that? Come on, Kent, where's your sense of adventure gone?? Okay, okay, I'll keep it down to a novella.

Yesterday was Piper's birthday, and I went over to visit. She has been in touch with the guy who wrote "Radio Gals" and he has been just great about giving advice on this and that, plus he sent her the music to the fun Hawaiian song at the end that was not in the score, "That Wicky Wacky Hula Hula Honka Wonka Hawaiian Honey of Mine" (the song with all the WORDS!) Anyways, he sent her another version of it the other day and asked how you were doing! I thought that was pretty cool! Your fame has expanded yet again! Very Happy Of course, when Piper tells him about the website and he sees the pictures, you'll be a shoe-in on Broadway. Let's just hope he skips the baby picture! drunken

As reported by others, it has been clear and cold. I don't ever remember ice staying this long or getting this hard before! I haven't left the house without cleats for ages, and the cleats will barely bite in anymore! It's like cement - with no friction! Provides the ocassional moment when you think "where is the video camera - this one could be worth $10,000!" Like the other day when I slid right under the car trying to get in! Thankfully both feet were still out of the car, or I'd have been feeling like a wishbone on a bad day!

Well, my friend, I'm praying that the second day of chemo was more indicative of how the rest has gone and will go. We miss you here, and will be so glad when you show up - SOON! Did you ever get the first pack of mail? I'll send another batch this week sometime. Keep the faith, Kent! God adores you, and so do your family and friends! Love to your momma and brother, too.

Love, Gayle
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: in general   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Hello to all,
First thing I want you to know is how your support has brought me to my knees, not in prayers but in tears. I just can not get over the
fact that people come over, and over, and over, to check on me. It's
my inner person that has a hard time accepting this much love and support. Maybe for me, it's Gods way of strething me, to allow others to care so much. It's just never been this much before. So I
thank you all. Please wish Piper a happy belated birthday for me.
Gayle be thankful I wasn't there with a movie camera. You know me.
It would be off in the mail in a second(with your permission of course.
Bruce congrats on the new truck. Our family grew up with many used "new" vehicles over the years. Look at mine, a brand new used
bike. Just like peas in a pod. A small note to Piper here: the lifts fit
fine up front but no matter whst heel is on my shoe i I have no heel on the back of my heel. Lift fine, bo back in heel problem.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
As for the Chemo, 5 days of chemo means five + days of effect build
up. Tends to lower imnmune system, and platelet count. Labs will
be taken at 3 and 4 week mark. Even though actual chemo is for
5 days (today was last day for first month). Have to give it a month to see how it goes. I expect the first day next round will knock me for
a loop, one day really sick day, the rest will be average. Only 1 day
at a time, for that is really all we have. Lastly save tommorrows worries for tommorrow, for today has enough of it's own.
Back to top Go down
Jim McCo

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy Kent!   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 am

Hi Kent,
Sorry I'm a bit late posting on this board. That's a great website that your friends have created for you. Anyway, I'm keeping you in my thoughts as always. Give me a call when you feel up to it.
-Jim
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: in General   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi all,
Just to let you know, I fiished my first round of chemo and am feeling
fine. I think the rest of the month is going to be pretty Blazay. Planning to go to Florida for a few days then back to Wisconsin. Bordom can be a bummer. I will be working with my cousin moving
and assembling furniture for assisted living housing, then a return trip.
to do the same. Then I will be done. It will be an adventure. I figure it will prepare me for the flight home. Driving to Florida will be
worse than flying to AK. Planning to come home sometime 1st 2 weeks of March. Staying here for 1 more round of chemo and an MRI
just to be safe and see if any changes in the brain have occured(other
than the removal of the common sense part of my brain.) Have I ever had that anyWAY? gotta go.
W/Warmth and Love
Kent
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Looking forward to your return   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Kent

Glad to hear you're off on a little adventure. I hope Florida offers some warmth and fresh fruit! My mother had her retirement home in Naples. Very pretty on the Gulf side. Where are you going? It is cold and clear here -- and like Gayle, I have taken a few slips on the ice too. Fortunately I am well padded and the landing is This AM looks like snow. Juneau has been dumped on, and according to the report, Cordova is next.

We have a play in Drama, FINALLY. It will be a fun one to stage. Now the real work begins and the class will need to keep their energy up. It gets more challenging as we approach May as you well know.

OK, thinking of you and praying for an uneventful chemo round.
Much love from the Adams family
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Correction on return date   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:33 pm

Sorry folks,
Return date will be early to mid April not march. (oops)
Gotta run
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: To Deb   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Dear Deb,
Could you please tell me the name of the play, what kind of flats you
will require, and any special lighting you might be considering for certain scenes, so when I return I can get right to business.
Thanks so much.
W/Warmth
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fisher

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 6:16 am

Hiya Kent!
Well, wouldn't you know it? Bill and I got back from Anchorage on Sunday evening. We flew up Friday morning as Bill had a Kidney stone the size of Alaska! Surgery on Friday afternoon to break it up but he grows diamonds and it wouldn't break! Sunday he had to have it surgically removed. He is recovering quickly but moving like a little old man! (don't tell him I said that)
The day we left, Kellie woke up with flu symptoms! The only other thing I needed was to have the boys call needing something. Tim did! His car got hit and "can you send money for rent"? It doesn't rain but it pours!
Life is good here though. I can't tell you how much I am thankful every day for my family and Cordova! If you had told me years ago I would live in a small Alaskan town I would have laughed and laughed hard. God must have had this in mind when He thought of me. You too! Think back on the circumstances that brought you to us and be amazed at the majesty of God. I don't know why you have had to go thru so much. Maybe it is for our encouragment!
I am thankful to catch up and hear good reports from this blog (thanks Joyce's) and Joanie! Keep up the good work.
Fit in all your fun while you can because when you return, we're gonna need you!
Take care.
Michele
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey Kent, just touching bases with you. Man I'm so glad to hear all the good reports, thanks to this web page and Joanies e-mail service. And, you're sounding pretty comfortable and more like your old self. Funny, I can't even tell that such an important part of your brain was removed.

Well, this morning Cordova is awirl in a couple different ways.
1) A huge storm, more like a blizzard has come in over night following about a 6 inch snowfall yesterday. So, this morning it is sideways snow and the house is shaking.
2) The AAA state divisional basketball tounement starts here to day. There are 16 boys and girls teams including us here along with their entourage of pepbands, cheerleaders and fans. Things are very busy and it can be hard to find a place to eat. Lots of people here involved with logistical support. The first game starts at 4PM with our girls facing off with Nenana.

The tounament lasts till Saturday. Standing room only. Should be a lot of excitement!

Well, gotta run buddy. God is deffinitely with you as we all continue to pray for continued good healing and gentle chemo treatments. Take care man. Bruce
Back to top Go down
cjhernley
Admin

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Yep, they ain't kiddin about the snow! I'm hanging up those dull ice skates, breaking out the snow shoes and waxing the skis. Hard to even imagine some warm, balmy Florida weather.

Do you want to update your phone number during your travels? I'll leave everything as it is until I hear from you.

We're expecting you back with some kind of tan now, fantanastic!

Carol H.
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: No "tan UP here"   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:53 pm

It isn't any warmer up here than it is over there so sont be getting green
with envy because I guarentee I won't be comming back tan.
W Warmth
Kent
Cool
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Phone #:   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Dear Carol And Company,
I would indeed be appreciative if you would update my phone. It is a
Cell phone and might not get the best reception at all times but it is a better way to reach me. Please remember that I am +3 hours from you
if you should decide to call. My phone always open 24/7 should you feel the need to call. Prayer chain, vent, talk, or whatever. I leave it to your discression. Thanks again
Kent
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Phone(cont'd)   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:15 pm

I guess they took out more of my brain than I thought. The phone #
is (339)225-0749.
Back to top Go down
Debra

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 7:35 am

Hi Kent

I just finished a long note and I don't think it got sent properly.

Busy days here -- just came from the High School gym. The boys and girls teams just won their games and are on their way to the Championship rounds in the District Tournament. Exciting games, lots of fans cheering, lots of fun.

In response to your question. The name of the play is Who dunnit and to Whom? It's the story of a guy writing a play at his typewriter. As he types, the scenes play out on the other side of the stage. He happens to be an awful wirter, so it's a fun/goofy plot. The lighting is SL and SR stuff. NOthing complicated. One scene is dimly lit. I am thinking of doing it at the high school and not using flats. Don't know yet.

We have some work ahead of us because we are getting such a late start. SOund familiar?

OK. I hope you are feeling stronger and that the chemo is effective. Between the chemo, your determination and all the prayers, this cancer should be running scared.

As always, you are in our thoughts and in our prayers daily.

Much love, Debra, Ken and Matthew
Back to top Go down
Christin

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Just saying Hi   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:53 am

I just spoke to my dad. He said you looked good, sounded good, so I get the impression everything is good - aside from the fact that you're battling cancer again and probably feel like shit. You're faking it well!!! though. And heck, presentation is everything! At least that is the mantra here in

It does look (from the pictures) that you're doing well. You look pretty much the same, except for the head bandage. You don't age I guess huh? Is that a Cordova thing? No one there ages? Freeze your butt off, but your DNA is frozen from the moment you touch hallowed soil. Everyone there has perpetual hypothermia, but no wrinkles?

It also appears you have good people backing you. That's everything!! To love and be loved - that's all there is.

I can't imagine being in the hospital is much fun though. So I will pray for an early release. Better to feel like shit and vomit your guts out staring at a moose aimlessly wondering in your backyard than in some too clean environment that makes us all feel a little dirty.

So life here is still going. Jake is 10 now and starting Middle School next year. I think the last time you saw him, he was an infant. Time marches on - regardless of whether all those people in Cordova have anatomy that defies the laws of gravity.

And I am taking a year off work to figure out what to do. Tried the pre-med route and found it wanting. But now I pine for it, well aware I can't live such an unbalanced life. Your web site gives me hope though. It looks like you found your place and perhaps even your "calling". And since you're also "being loved and loving" - seems to me you have it all. You just need to work on hanging on to it for longer than "they" expect. But since you've beaten the odds once, I figure, it's a safe bet.

Maybe we should all rub your head and go to Vegas!

Love,
Christine
Back to top Go down
njohnson

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: kent   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm

whats up Kent,

This is Nic! I hear you are diong better every day. I had two wrestling meets the one here I had to wrestle a girl. I lost. JUST KIDDING, I won BOTH TIMES. Then after that I went to fairbamks for the state chamionships. That was really fun. I had a reff that deslikes Cordova from past wrestling turniments. We have it on tape I WASN"T PINNED! I was on my head. But other than that I had alot of fun. My birthday is today I'm finally a man. (14 yr.) I'm almost there to kicking the bucket. HA HA HA! I really look foward to seeing you. My family wishes you luck, and feel better. tell your mom I said hi.
Back to top Go down
Marvin T

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Geetings my Earthling Friend   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 9:52 am

Kent, my earthling Warrior, Marvin the Martian here, I was so happy to talk to you on the phone a week ago! I gave Sue the message that you phoned and she will get back to you very soon. I tried to call you several times, but for some reason my X3689974000W1UR294+communicatior in my space ship fails to make contact. I am able to reach the planet Z epton from anywhere in the greater outer limits. Do you think it is that hole in the ozone layer that is interfering??
Sue told my to tell you FF1 class is moving along and missed you during the knot tying class! Well Kent, Sue and I are soooooo glad to hear you are doing good and looking forward to seeing you in April!
Kent, just between me and you, when you are ready to return to planet cordova, I can pick you up in my space ship and deliver you to cordova. Every time I give an earthling a ride in my ship, it seems to make your national paper, on the front page!! You know your paper the National Enquire. I love to read those articles about Elvis abducted by aliens! Elvis laughs so hard when he reads the articles, he turns green. I also laugh at the articles, but I am already a greenish color!! I love how you earthling write your articles.
Take care my warrior earthling friend, I will keep an eye on you as I patrol the outer
Kent, I will try to give you a call on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kent talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kent talk   Kent talk - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent talk
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next